1 Filipino seaman freed, 3 remain captive in ship seized by Iran, says DFA

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
One Filipino crew member of the container ship MSC Aries seized by Iran in the Strait of Hormuz has been released and is set to arrive in the Philippines on Friday, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirmed.

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) appreciates Iran’s gesture and the intercession of India in this matter.

The DFA is also working with the Department of Migrant Workers for the release and repatriation of the three other Filipinos on the ship.

The DFA hope for their eventual speedy return to their homes and families of the remaining captives.

Earlier, the DFA said they were working to secure the release of the four Filipino crew members of MSC Aries. The container ship was seized by Iran on April 13.

The four Filipino seafarers were among the ship’s 25 crew members, which included seafarers from Russia, India, Pakistan, and Estonia.

They were already freed, mate and their families thanked the government for helping them be freed from their captives. It seemed ransom money was given to the captors.
Good to hear this, it is good that they have been free even if they had to pay. Freedom is life for anyone

Good to hear this, it is good that they have been free even if they had to pay. Freedom is life for anyone
The seamen usually are the targets for the pirates or rebels for ransom. It's good to hear they were released and now back to the arms of their beloved.

They were already freed, mate and their families thanked the government for helping them be freed from their captives. It seemed ransom money was given to the captors.

I am glad to know that they are finally freed. I understand how much worried their families would have been , when they were in the captivity.

The seamen usually are the targets for the pirates or rebels for ransom. It's good to hear they were released and now back to the arms of their beloved.
That's right you know nothing as good as been free and you know you can go about your business freely

That's right you know nothing as good as been free and you know you can go about your business freely
That's right, they're now in their complete freedom, away from horror and torture. Being a seaman is a risky profession.

Actually, not all seamen are paid well except if official if not, the salary is all My brother in law and cousins are seamen .There are 6 of them and they told me about their stories while in the sea and when they docked.

Actually, not all seamen are paid well except if official if not, the salary is all My brother in law and cousins are seamen .There are 6 of them and they told me about their stories while in the sea and when they docked.
But their job is a risky one and they ougjt to be paid better. This will motivate them to do better.

But their job is a risky one and they ougjt to be paid better. This will motivate them to do better.
That's right their job is risky floating in deep oceans. Their salaries might have increased this time.

Hope they gets to be set free soon. it Is not easy being under captive for a long time this wsy.
They were already freed by the kidnappers. The Ph government paid a huge ransom money to the abductors. It's believed those abductors were killed by the Ph marine under water using a submarine and high powered canon. They were silenced forever. They're useless bandits.

They were already freed by the kidnappers. The Ph government paid a huge ransom money to the abductors. It's believed those abductors were killed by the Ph marine under water using a submarine and high powered canon. They were silenced forever. They're useless bandits.
Good for the abductors it seems their karma arrived quite early. Good they have been silenced for life.

Iran is becoming increasingly difficult to relate with since their president adopted communism approach to government. Iran government is too skeptical about everything. They are suspicious of everybody. They see everybody as a spy. That's very unfriendly.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member