8 died from eating sea turtle meat In Zanzibar island

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.786950
Referral Credit
The authorities in Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous region of Tanzania have reported that 8 children have died from eating contaminated sea turtles. it has been found that this animal can cause chelonitoxism, a rare type of food poisoning that can be lethal.

For now there is no known antidote for it and only supportive treatment is available for patients.

Haji Bakari who is the Mkoani District medical officer stated that the tests conducted on the victims shows that the 8 children had eaten the turtle meat.He urged people to prevent eating the animals.

The authorities in Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous region of Tanzania have reported that 8 children have died from eating contaminated sea turtles. it has been found that this animal can cause chelonitoxism, a rare type of food poisoning that can be lethal.

For now there is no known antidote for it and only supportive treatment is available for patients.

Haji Bakari who is the Mkoani District medical officer stated that the tests conducted on the victims shows that the 8 children had eaten the turtle meat.He urged people to prevent eating the animals.
Better their parents didn't eat the poisonous turtle. Who cooked the turtle meat and aren't mature people didn't eat? It seems suspicious. The kids parents didn't eat only the little children.

Better their parents didn't eat the poisonous turtle. Who cooked the turtle meat and aren't mature people didn't eat? It seems suspicious. The kids parents didn't eat only the little children.
Yeah the update I just read stated that one of the parents a female just died too. She was rushed to the hospital but didn't make it.

Yeah the update I just read stated that one of the parents a female just died too. She was rushed to the hospital but didn't make it.
There's a part of the turtles body that contains a poisonous element and that serves as its protection. It's found in its backbone. It should have been removed. There's none in my place eating turtle. It's known as having a poisonous meat.

There's a part of the turtles body that contains a poisonous element and that serves as its protection. It's found in its backbone. It should have been removed. There's none in my place eating turtle. It's known as having a poisonous meat.
Yeah I think this would be a kind of education for others not to eat the animals. We don't eat it here as well

Yeah I think this would be a kind of education for others not to eat the animals. We don't eat it here as well
Turtles are vulnerable animals which is why they carry protection on their back. They could be our pet. Those kids were pitiful innocent. May they all rest in peace.

Turtles are vulnerable animals which is why they carry protection on their back. They could be our pet. Those kids were pitiful innocent. May they all rest in peace.
Yeah we just have to know some animals are not to be eaten as they might just be detrimental to our health. Yeah may they rest in peace.

Yeah we just have to know some animals are not to be eaten as they might just be detrimental to our health. Yeah may they rest in peace.
That is right, they might also be sanctioned by the authorities o
if those animals are endangered species. It is better be safe than sorry.

That is right, they might also be sanctioned by the authorities o
if those animals are endangered species. It is better be safe than sorry.
It is for people to desist from consuming them. it is one thing to know it is another thing to obey

13,179Threads
98,947Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member