A Nigerian woman, shared on X that a man who can't afford a three square meals should not get married.

Yes I think she is making sense because having a wife would need you to have money . love will fot out when hunger comes
I will also not marry someone who cannot even feed himself three times a day even if he is tall, dark, and handsome. lol.

Aisha Lawal, a Nigerian woman, has shared on her account on X, that a man who can't afford a three square meals should not get married.

What do you think of this? Do you agree with her?
That's true. Unless his wife is earning well and is ready to feed him.

That's true. Unless his wife is earning well and is ready to feed him.
That's right I agree too. unless the woman is ready to feed the man then staying together would not even be advisable.

Until they agree to share chores in a modern way (accepting, for ex., the wife to be the breadwinner and the husband to be the housewife), there's not much to do. Both of them will end up starving and worse, if they decide to have children (what I think it's not exactly the wisest decision in such a circumstance), they'll risk to die cause hunger. So the Nigerian woman is right.

She is right and that's true in our country most of females here do the household chores and a man is expected to earn, so why should a girl marry such a man.
That's right if you are not a provider as a man then stay away from marriage it is not ours to keep

I agree with the woman's viewpoint. If he struggles to provide for himself, then marrying would not be a smart idea. His future wife and children would likely face financial problems unless his wife is working and willing to contribute to the family's finances.

It's like committing suicide marrying someone who cannot even afford to eat even twice a day how much more if having a family to feed? It's better not to gamble.
Yeah this will be a gamble. you better stay put if you don't have your own money. Love will not be enough

Yeah this will be a gamble. you better stay put if you don't have your own money. Love will not be enough
Indeed love is not enough, we need to eat and must always have money to buy for the daily consumptions.Love also flies on the window if tummy is always hungry.

I think it actually makes a lot of sense. If a man cannot feed himself properly, there is no need getting married. How will he feed his wife or kids when they finally start having one?

13,264Threads
99,343Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member