A Zimbabwe woman , has been fined US$120 by the Court after being charged with bigamy.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.096950
Referral Credit
Tambudzai Muwadi from Mutare, Zimbabwe has been fined US$120 by the Mutare Magistrates Court after being charged with bigamy

A Court records showed that Muwadi entered into a second marriage while her first marriage was still valid. She first married Jonathan Kisi on January 8, 2004, under the Marriage Act and hot the marriage certificate at the Harare Magistrates Court.

Although they later separated, they did not formally dissolve their marriage but she went ahead to marry Julius Tawanda Mukajami on September 3, 2005, also under the same Marriage Act, and obtained another marriage certificate.

However , her first marriage was still legally binding. She was sued for bigamy. The Mutare Magistrates Court found Muwadi guilty and imposed a fine of US$120 or 30 days imprisonment if the fine is not paid.

Double standards everywhere. Polygamy is a normal thing for men and they don't get prosecuted for it but bigamy is a criminal offence.
That's the world we lived in.Thrres always gender inequality which Is really had for the women

The issue is that most of these women are illiterates and may not understand how the law is operating. Secondly, the judicial system in Zimbabwe can be easily compromised. I don't blame this women for the behavior.
Well as we all know. ignorance of the law is no excuse. So she has been sued now and I'm.sure she understands it now.

Tambudzai Muwadi from Mutare, Zimbabwe has been fined US$120 by the Mutare Magistrates Court after being charged with bigamy

A Court records showed that Muwadi entered into a second marriage while her first marriage was still valid. She first married Jonathan Kisi on January 8, 2004, under the Marriage Act and hot the marriage certificate at the Harare Magistrates Court.

Although they later separated, they did not formally dissolve their marriage but she went ahead to marry Julius Tawanda Mukajami on September 3, 2005, also under the same Marriage Act, and obtained another marriage certificate.

However , her first marriage was still legally binding. She was sued for bigamy. The Mutare Magistrates Court found Muwadi guilty and imposed a fine of US$120 or 30 days imprisonment if the fine is not paid.
All men and women who enter into illicit relationship even after being married should be jailed.

All men and women who enter into illicit relationship even after being married should be jailed.
Yesh I hope this will be carried out for those doing this to teach others a lesson.

If she had issues with her first husband she should have divorced him and had remarried. I understand that she was not happy with her first marriage so took this step.
That's the right thing to do if you are no longer happy with your first marriage just divorce In peace and that's it.

13,226Threads
99,153Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member