About Bitcoin ETFs

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.244700
Referral Credit
The SEC classifies ETFs as securities and can track the movement of an investment, a commodity such as Bitcoin, gold or stocks. Bitcoin ETFs will move according to the price of Bitcoin without having to physically own Bitcoin itself, but Bitcoin ETFs are not traded on crypto exchanges but are traded on stock exchanges such as the NYSE, TSX and NASDAQ. If the price of Bitcoin on the crypto exchange rises then the price of the Btc ETF also rises and vice versa.

The types of Bitcoin ETFs that are best known to the public are Spot and Futures. In a Bitcoin Spot ETF where investors hold shares as a representative of a number of Bitcoins. Meanwhile, the Bitcoin Futures ETF is a transaction or buying and selling of Bitcoin based on a contract to promise to buy or sell BTC in the future. This transaction is not a physical Bitcoin but only a contract transaction.

The SEC classifies ETFs as securities and can track the movement of an investment, a commodity such as Bitcoin, gold or stocks. Bitcoin ETFs will move according to the price of Bitcoin without having to physically own Bitcoin itself, but Bitcoin ETFs are not traded on crypto exchanges but are traded on stock exchanges such as the NYSE, TSX and NASDAQ. If the price of Bitcoin on the crypto exchange rises then the price of the Btc ETF also rises and vice versa.

The types of Bitcoin ETFs that are best known to the public are Spot and Futures. In a Bitcoin Spot ETF where investors hold shares as a representative of a number of Bitcoins. Meanwhile, the Bitcoin Futures ETF is a transaction or buying and selling of Bitcoin based on a contract to promise to buy or sell BTC in the future. This transaction is not a physical Bitcoin but only a contract transaction.
Etherum ETFs come soon to. I think near end of 6 month. This will increase price of BTC and ETH. But I don't think invest below 10 000 $ is accepted.
This is good I think for two reasons: (1) most people invest their retirement funds in mutual funds/ETF's which pool risk across as broad a sector as possible; Bitcoin is another sector worth investing in and (2) most people are also wary of directly investing in crypto and might opt to go through an ETF.

1) most people invest their retirement funds in mutual funds/ETF's which pool risk across as broad
Why people do this? For me this is to risky investe from retirement fund. Ok for some savings, but you risk your retirement. I would invest retirement into real estate and renting.

12,012Threads
92,713Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member