Master Debater
Silver Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Top Poster Of Month
Sep 26, 2023
D Bucks
💵8.291500
Referral Credit
I always hear news about women abused in their workplace. The abuse varies from low-paying, sexual harassment by bosses or co-workers, discrimination, and other abuses that are against the laws. Do they think that because they are women, they are dull, useless, weak, and easy to get? The answer is NO. Women are entitled to the same rights provided for by the company and the constitution of a country. Some women are not given the chance to manage even though we already have female presidents anywhere in the world. And that proves women's empowerment.

• Like Button
Reactions: aninditasen
Sometimes the workplace harassment and treatment, is exactly because they are women. I know some businesses do not treat women fairly, because of both outdated and up to date policies that are not evenly being enforced. Sometimes the way women are treated, are because of both men and women managers and supervisors who manage a specific way, going after people they consider weak willed, who they believe will not retaliate with labor board complaints with the recorded info that proves the abuse.

On the other hand, I've seen some workplaces treat women fairly, because the women who are being hired, are competent, and can outdo any man on the job with skill.

Now I am not saying that it doesn't happen that women get bullied and pressured at work, but there are ways to avoid the issue in general.

Plus you have plenty of men that get abused too at work, and do not do anything at all either to resolve the issue of harassment.

Sometimes abuse is abuse, regardless of who is on the receiving end of it. The way you react and if you get it recorded, written down and logged with the appropriate people, can eventually be used against the person or persons causing the issue. And hey, if logged, written down and appropriately shared with HR and those who handle that type of info, that info can even then be used against the company, the hr department of the company, the individual managers involved with it, all by going to labor boards with that information, and potentially through lawsuits if labor board decisions do not entirely fix the issue.

• Wow
Reactions: Starmix
I think regardless of gender and status there is abuse. One abuse I can't forget is the treatment of my boss to all workers. We're required to attend to their Born Again church masses which was very unethical and abusive. I'm a Roman Catholic and never attended and joined but eater resigned.

Slander and character assassination is a major problem faced by working women, especially online business owners. Many cunning greedy liarmarried men are extremely vicious in slandering hardworking single women, so that their lazy greedy wives get government jobs using the stolen data of the single women.

I have not heard in my place women victims of abuse. The netizens are participating this time and voice out their claims in social media. The abusive boss will be sacked.

I am a believer in the equality of all humans regardless of their gender. If women are badly treated in a workplace just because they are women, such a workplace is guilty of nepotism and should close down.

I always hear news about women abused in their workplace. The abuse varies from low-paying, sexual harassment by bosses or co-workers, discrimination, and other abuses that are against the laws. Do they think that because they are women, they are dull, useless, weak, and easy to get? The answer is NO. Women are entitled to the same rights provided for by the company and the constitution of a country. Some women are not given the chance to manage even though we already have female presidents anywhere in the world. And that proves women's empowerment.
Women are usually targeted as the weaker sex but if a woman is firm the situation will improve. Sometimes it's the women who is the cause of another woman's unfair treatment.

I have been a victim of sexual harassment many times. I have had to turn down job offers which I was qualified for and picked but the manager just needed to cross the final hurdle of being intimate with me. Some secretaries have to satisfy the raging desires of their bosses at every beck and call.

There has been awareness campaigns regarding the same since a very long time ago. Unfortunately the same cases for abuse and harassment in workplaces are still very rampant.

I pity these women who have to sell themselves all because of a job. This is caused by massive unemployment because they can't even leave such jobs. People might not understand the severity of this kind of thing in a country like mine where laws don't work. Those bosses harass these women with impunity.