Staff member
Administrator
Novice Scribe
Sep 2, 2023
D Bucks
💵29.291225
Referral Credit
Dear Discussion Bucks Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I want to address a change you've likely noticed on our platform regarding advertisements.

As many of you know, we've traditionally kept our website's advertising minimal to maintain a clean and user-friendly experience. However, the reality of maintaining and growing our community – including compensating members, developing new features, and covering hosting costs – requires a steady revenue stream. Unfortunately, our previous ad setup generated merely $0.02 per day, significantly short of supporting our operations.

After exploring various alternatives and considerable deliberation, our team has decided to implement Google AdSense Auto Ads. This change is already proving to be a more effective revenue solution, significantly outperforming our past efforts. This decision wasn't made lightly. We aimed to limit ad interruptions as much as possible, but financial sustainability necessitated this shift.

Here's what to expect moving forward:
  • Non-subscribing and crypto cashout members will notice ads across the forum.
  • Patron and Champion subscribers will continue enjoying an ad-free experience.
As Google AdSense Auto Ads adjusts, you might encounter an increased number of ads temporarily. This phase is crucial for optimizing ad placement for relevance and minimal disruption, aiming to balance revenue generation with user experience.

We are deeply grateful for your understanding and continued support. Discussion Bucks thrives because of our vibrant community, and we're committed to making this transition as smooth as possible. Should you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to engage in this thread or reach out directly. Your input is invaluable as we navigate these changes together.

Thank you for being an essential part of our journey.

Warm regards,

Devin

No Way Bullshit GIF by Best Part Productions

Jk jk :p

As a person who runs multiple websites with ads, I perfectly understand the importance of ads for website maintenance.

• Like Button
Reactions: eLdavis