Agree or disagree that with love one can live even without happiness ( Dostoevsky)

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.287650
Referral Credit
I agree with the statement of the author of this proposition, Dostoevsky that with love one can live even without happiness. Many would like to oppose this statement considering that we are willing to sacrifice because of love, but let us analyze well the message behind this. And why do I agree, it is based on my experience. As Filipinos, we have an extended family and we cannot argue or oppose the idea of our parents to allow a brother or a sister to remain despite already married. This is now the answer to the statement because we love our brother, so we allowed him and his wife to live with us despite we are not anymore happy having an extended family.

The funny thing about this is that when there is love, there would definitely be happiness. True love does not come without happiness. Then again only love might not give you all the happiness you need on the long run.

If we are going to analyze the message behind this statement that one can live even without happiness, I remain agreeable;e on this because many suffer because of love. Just imagine becoming an unwed mother and your parents cannot junk their daughter because of love yet deep inside they are not anymore happy for their daughter failed them, putting them to shame.

Loving someone doesn't always have to be together and live close to each other, as is the case for parents who love their children but if they are married they should learn to live independently, even if they live in a rented house, even from a distance parents can monitor their children's shortcomings and they are also ready to help financially .

Loving someone doesn't always have to be together and live close to each other, as is the case for parents who love their children but if they are married they should learn to live independently, even if they live in a rented house, even from a distance parents can monitor their children's shortcomings and they are also ready to help financially .
That is what the married sibling supposed to do, to feel the shame and be sensitive, however, they remain shameless and insensitive. They give their parents headaches. The meaning of that is they are not prepared financially prepared.

I agree with the statement of the author of this proposition, Dostoevsky that with love one can live even without happiness. Many would like to oppose this statement considering that we are willing to sacrifice because of love, but let us analyze well the message behind this. And why do I agree, it is based on my experience. As Filipinos, we have an extended family and we cannot argue or oppose the idea of our parents to allow a brother or a sister to remain despite already married. This is now the answer to the statement because we love our brother, so we allowed him and his wife to live with us despite we are not anymore happy having an extended family.
I can relate to that, in my country a family have a strong bond and traditionally our family have to choose our life partner or if i already have a relationship our family have to allow it in order to get married or the marriage will not be a happy marriage and the family will not like or accept thus life partners.

I can relate to that, in my country a family have a strong bond and traditionally our family have to choose our life partner or if i already have a relationship our family have to allow it in order to get married or the marriage will not be a happy marriage and the family will not like or accept thus life partners.
Yeah, agree on that kind that because of that suffering we no longer feel happy because of love. When parents interact, the children cannot argue or else... and that is one cause of unhappiness because of love. We can't fight our parents but feel the emotional burden that seems eternal.

Yeah, agree on that kind that because of that suffering we no longer feel happy because of love. When parents interact, the children cannot argue or else... and that is one cause of unhappiness because of love. We can't fight our parents but feel the emotional burden that seems eternal.
True, love is the major thing in a relationship and if the marriage is not based on love it will never las long, but family's sometimes don't think that way, of course they are doing that for us, but involving in their childrens love life is not good thing.

True, love is the major thing in a relationship and if the marriage is not based on love it will never las long, but family's sometimes don't think that way, of course they are doing that for us, but involving in their childrens love life is not good thing.
Parents must not interfere with the love affairs of their children, they always say that they know better than their children and children don't like to fight back, so despite no more happiness, we still respect and abide by their rules because of our love to them but on our art, we struggle of unhappiness.

Parents must not interfere with the love affairs of their children, they always say that they know better than their children and children don't like to fight back, so despite no more happiness, we still respect and abide by their rules because of our love to them but on our art, we struggle of unhappiness.
I am so sorry when i am saying this but in my country there is an arranged marriage, and its on urban city's and they are doing this because of money, they give there female child for rich old person and that very sad even if she have a boyfriend she will merry that rich old guy.

I am so sorry when i am saying this but in my country there is an arranged marriage, and its on urban city's and they are doing this because of money, they give there female child for rich old person and that very sad even if she have a boyfriend she will merry that rich old guy.
That's sad the daughter or son will be forced to marry someone stranger to her or his heart. But through time love will grow and develop depending on the couple's decision and agreement.

That's sad the daughter or son will be forced to marry someone stranger to her or his heart. But through time love will grow and develop depending on the couple's decision and agreement.
By the way after arranged marriage they will have a childe and the wife will stay at home and she don't protect her self afterward, she give up on her life, but i hope in the future this thing will stop.

By the way after arranged marriage they will have a childe and the wife will stay at home and she don't protect her self afterward, she give up on her life, but i hope in the future this thing will stop.
That is a very big problem of one's culture pre-arranged marriage. We are now in the 21st century and why are others still having an obsolete thinking about life, love, and marriage? They might be blinded by the dowry and never minding about the emotional destruction of their children..

This happens even in India. Children stay with their parents even after getting married, especially men, if they work in the same place where their parents stay. With children going out of home town to work old parents like me are left alone and children have to do the running about. Marital love doesn't die if we have family members staying with us.

This happens even in India. Children stay with their parents even after getting married, especially men, if they work in the same place where their parents stay. With children going out of home town to work old parents like me are left alone and children have to do the running about. Marital love doesn't die if we have family members staying with us.
That is what we call extended family. It also happens in my country after marriage they continue staying at home and only find their own once found a good job that could support them.

Last edited:
That is what we call extended family. It also happens in my country after marriage they continue staying at home and only find their own one found a good job that could support them.
Maybe the customs in Asia are almost the same, in my country many married people still live with their parents, but it would be good if they could live separately from their parents, so they can practice living independently.

Maybe the customs in Asia are almost the same, in my country many married people still live with their parents, but it would be good if they could live separately from their parents, so they can practice living independently.
Yes, it's also a shame living with the in laws or with our own family. It's good to see them stand by their own feet. Their stay adds burden.

That is what we call extended family. It also happens in my country after marriage they continue staying at home and only find their own once found a good job that could support them.
In an extended family however there's lot of interference by the other members in a couples life. There has to be mutual understanding among members of the family.

In an extended family however there's lot of interference by the other members in a couples life. There has to be mutual understanding among members of the family.
That's so true there is also conflict when the wife or the husband is lazy and just wants to relax without thinking to help earn or help in doing house chores.

13,097Threads
98,491Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member