• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Am I going to payback the loan of my late father?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.018498
Referral Credit
Recently, a bank called to inform me that my dad took a loan from them, that I should come to the bank branch to come and negotiate how to pay the money. Am really pissed about it because I believe the loan should die with the person that collected the loans.

Well, you would have to pay the loan on behalf of your father but the bank needs to be considerate to give you enough time to pay up. my cousin though paid for his late father.
As for me, I won't pay anything. I don't have any business with them. That's one of the risks that happens in business and they should take the loss. And we won't use any of the estates to pay the loan.

As for me, I won't pay anything. I don't have any business with them. That's one of the risks that happens in business and they should take the loss. And we won't use any of the estates to pay the loan.
You just have to pray that your father didn't leave any collateral with them because if he did then they would have to auction it to get their money.

Actually the bank try to ensure they get their money back, so some documents signed during the process are very crucial
My point exactly, banks don't things blindly they might have been some binding agreement so they would have to recoup their money

These are few of reason due to which I always write against loan. First of all one have to pay interest on loans and finally he pays much more money than original amount. The loan never stop mostly with person's death. Conform further from different sources.

These are few of reason due to which I always write against loan. First of all one have to pay interest on loans and finally he pays much more money than original amount. The loan never stop mostly with person's death. Conform further from different sources.
That's right in some cases the loan never ends even in the death of the collector. The lender will still go after the family for payment

It's quits once the loaner passes away. That bank is a liar, the loaned money is insured when something bad occurs like the death of your father. Dunno if it's the same in my country the loan balance is considered paid once the debtor dies. Don't pay or see a lawyer.

12,085Threads
93,139Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member