• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Are the customers the ones paying the businesses' taxes in the form of VAT?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.501650
Referral Credit
It is only my assumption that it is us, the customers paying the taxes of the businesses through VAT. I hate to see VAT, from 10 $ to 12 % in the pharmacy alone, excluding the other types of business that reach 15 % VAT. I doubt that the business owners through their accountants manipulate the VAT accountables from the customers from day 1 to day 365 in a year. I think some business operators do not declare the total earnings to the BIR, so the government is blind to know the real figure. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think you're right on point. As consumers, we do bear the burden of VAT through higher prices. It's possible that some businesses might not declare their full earnings, which would mean the government is missing out on revenue. It's a complex issue, but more transparency and accountability in tax reporting could help ensure that businesses are contributing their fair share.

I asked one accountant and she told me that their business collected three million pesos a month ( $ 65,000 ) for VAT alone. How much will it be when multiplied by 12 months? It is a huge money paid from the people. How much do they pay to the government's taxes?

11,643Threads
90,717Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member