• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Are you a bread winner, how do you manage your finances?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.601450
Referral Credit
If you're a breadwinner in your family, it's not easy to budget your money. Your brain likes to crack. There are bills to pay, daily needs like food, vitamins gasoline if you drive your car, or the daily fare if you commute. If you're this, better operate a small store and have your siblings take care of it. The daily income from your store could augment the daily needs of the family. You have to stretch everything to survive and continue living in a decent way though in frugality because ordeal like that isn't forever.

It looks very hard to budget one expenses during this period just trying to make things work

It's difficult, I experienced it being a bread winner when my sisters got no work. I paid all the monthly bills, food and even their personal needs. I was doing it for two successive years. My sister is now a bank teller and the other sister is having a business.

As a bread winner, you have to be very strategic about how you manage finances. You must be sure that you control your spendings unless everyone would go hungry.

Even though I'm not a breadwinner, making a personal budget for the head of the family or household is not complicated, and very easy. If you are going to open a small shop to increase your income, but you also need to be able to separate personal money from business money, you also need to make a household financial budget and a budget for your shop.

12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member