• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Are you an admirer or fearful of biotechnology and nanotechnology?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.572100
Referral Credit
What are the most fascinating and scariest possibilities of these technologies for advancing science, health, agriculture and the environment? How can we ensure that these technologies are safe, effective and beneficial to all living things? How can we address the potential ethical, social and environmental risks of these technologies to human and non-human life?

I don't know much about nano technology but I am not fearful of biotechnology. It has helped to control diseases and help with food productivity. However, ethical procedures must be followed. If any biotechnology move would endanger the human race, it should be avoided.

I don't know much about nano technology but I am not fearful of biotechnology. It has helped to control diseases and help with food productivity. However, ethical procedures must be followed. If any biotechnology move would endanger the human race, it should be avoided.
Nanotechnology up to a certain point is very interesting, but we know that humans can use this for evil in different ways. I heard reports about Starlink which is quite worrying in addition to that.

Am both. Am fearful and equally admiring the feats biological engineering have achieved. Am stand in the middle of the two polarities. My take is that moderation should be applied. We should make policies to regulate biological engineering . We should be ethical as possible.

This is my question also. They are developing these technologies, which have lots of benefits and will lower our workload and stress. However, those inventions also have some unusual things, like nanotechnology, which is implanted on or inside our bodies, which is a bit off.

With nano technology, things are becoming smaller but more efficient. Nano technology aims to take away the bulkiness associated with tech and delivering a powerful machines that are not humongous.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member