• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

As a business person, do I need to belong to a trade union?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
There are all kinds of unions for different businesses scattered all around. They might have benefits that members get.

But as an independent entrepreneur, do I really need to join a trade union? What special benefits do you think a trade union can potentially benefit an entrepreneur?

Yes I believe as an entrepreneur, joining a trade union would have some advantages. Some of the advantages is that you get access to informations related to your business first hand, access to various grants and ways to make extra money. It would also help you grow your connection.

When you belong to a union, you would he able to know how to price the products to allow for fair competition. Middle men can't also manipulate a sector that has a strong union because all of them would speak with one voice

The trade unions are usually for the workers, to fight for their rights, there are usually trade associations for business owners which fights for their rights and for networking.

Trade unions can really be beneficial if they are sincere. For some of them, the leaders are tools in the hands of the politicians to perpetrate their own agenda. The leadership are just getting monies from government to bring up policies that might not be favourable to the members.

12,058Threads
92,983Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member