At what age are you truly ready for dating?

Moseschidera

Discussion Enthusiast
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.314000
Referral Credit
So many have different thoughts on when the right age is to start having a boyfriend or girlfriend. Legally it's often said to be 18 but emotionally, does age really matter? For me, I don't think a number alone determines readiness. Going just by age ignores that we all mature at different paces.
Dating takes a certain level of emotional intelligence that doesn't suddenly appear on a birthday. It involves understanding boundaries with yourself and others. You need to be able to communicate, to see perspectives other than your own, to manage your feelings during ups and downs. Some have these skills earlier than others no matter what the calendar says.

So at what point were you personally mature enough to handle dating? Did you feel age was a good guide for you or did you go by other measures within yourself regardless of age? I'm keen to hear other thoughts on gauging true readiness over simply going by age limits.

I only start dating when I feel ready and mature enough to handle a meaningful relationship. I do not date just for fun; I intend to find a long-term partner. My relationships tend to be long-lasting, with my longest lasting being eight years. The next one lasted for five years.

Though when you are a legal adult is the right age but at the same time being an adult does not mean you are mature enough to date. To be able to date, one has to be mature mentally because you are dealing with another human.

13,213Threads
99,110Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member