Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
conversations-ii.freeforums.net
D Bucks
💵0.522100
Referral Credit
Global Connector Emblem NFT [Common]
(The Guardian) Biden hits campaign trail after unofficially clinching nomination to face Trump
Joe Biden is on his way to his second swing state of the week when he visits Wisconsin this afternoon, two days after showing up in New Hampshire to tout his election agenda and just hours after unofficially becoming the Democratic party’s nominee for president in the 2024 election.

The current US president and his predecessor, Donald Trump, won primary elections in Georgia, Mississippi and Washington state on Tuesday night, solidifying a rematch in November that a majority of voters aren’t looking forward to. They won’t be officially anointed until their respective party conventions this summer, but both have now amassed enough delegates during the primary season to be unassailable as the nominees.

Biden, his vice-president Kamala Harris and cabinet members are fanning out across the country after Biden’s handily energetic State of the Union address last week, with swing states and districts very much in mind.

With today’s latest poll numbers showing that many voters are disgruntled and open to persuasion this election (though maybe the hard work will be persuading them to vote at all, not to switch allegiance), Biden and Trump have their work cut out.

The Associated Press notes that the last presidential election featuring a rematch came in 1956, when Republican president Dwight Eisenhower again defeated the Democratic opponent he had beaten four years prior, Adlai Stevenson.

I see a rerun but the Democrats will have a field play. Donald Trump will not have a chance again after touting with United States democracy. It is offence that is not forgivable.
As bad as Trump was (and I say this as someone who didn't vote for him in either 2016 or 2020) he did keep the U.S. out of foreign conflicts during his presidency.

I think Donald Trump has a chance, when you look at the economy under Trump and now under Biden you will realize that both worked pretty well. I would not say Biden has done more better than Trump but yes in the Trump era there was no serious conflict. I am on the side of President Trump because he keeps on facing serious criticism but he has some good policies that do not impose certain rights on others.

I see that some people wants Trump to return
The 2024 presidential election will be an issues-based campaign whether President Biden likes it or not.

Mr. Biden can try desperate tactics like taunting former President Donald Trump and foolishly threatening to go for his jugular while trying not to fall over, but Americans won’t be distracted from the mess he’s made. Bad Biden policies will be the dominant factor for the next eight months because this race is about which candidate the voters can depend on to address the foreign policy failures, border catastrophe and economic malaise that this president created.

This is precisely the reason Mr. Biden is trailing Mr. Trump in both national and state polls. It’s simply a matter of common sense to understand that the person responsible for open borders, skyrocketing costs, and a chaotic foreign policy can never be trusted with four more years...

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member