• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Budgeting Suggestions for Single Parents

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
Most single parents experience financial troubles because they will be responsible for their children's needs on their own. It is difficult to budget, particularly if they are single or barely earn the minimum pay. If you are a single parent or know someone who is, here are some budgetary suggestions to keep in mind.

1. Cancel any memberships you are not using, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Spotify. You can see some videos on YouTube and other sites, as well as listen to Spotify, without paying for the premium service.

2. Prepare more meals at home, especially if you can cook. Use your culinary skills to prepare tasty meals for yourself and your child. You will know exactly what's in your meals and save a lot of money.

3. Try growing your own food. Purchase the containers, seeds, and other things required to grow your produce.

4. Use the "savings first" technique.

5. Check out programs that help single parents.

6. Have an additional source of income. Get an online job or a side hustle that you can do at home.

7. Use coupons whenever you can and try to negotiate for big purchases.

Those are good to be true tips for single parents. What a pity to be a single parent victim of a wrong love or marriage so the single parent must strive harder to have something on their plates.

As single parents, we must prioritize financial control and carry out budget recapitulations so that we know which expenditure items should be incurred because they are considered unnecessary and wasteful. If you have debt, hurry up and pay off your debt.

Those are good to be true tips for single parents. What a pity to be a single parent victim of a wrong love or marriage so the single parent must strive harder to have something on their plates.
True that. It is a sad reality for single parents. They must work hard to provide the needs of their child/ren alone.
Post automatically merged:

As single parents, we must prioritize financial control and carry out budget recapitulations so that we know which expenditure items should be incurred because they are considered unnecessary and wasteful. If you have debt, hurry up and pay off your debt.
That is right, Suba. Single parents should practice financial control or else they will have a hard time raising their child/ren.
Post automatically merged:

I like the idea of savings first and one should have an additional source of income. Get an online job or a side hustle that you can do at home.
Yes, that is what I recently learned - to apply a savings first technique. And getting an online job or a side hustle is a great idea. They can work as a freelancer, sell items online, etc

Last edited:
Though am not a single parent but I don't like subscriptions or having memberships in these streaming apps, I see it as a waste sometimes. After subscribing, I will also have so spend data to watch what I want again. Besides that there are free apps I can use for streaming.

12,047Threads
92,913Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member