• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Can a business owner date his staff? Would it affect the business?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
When it comes to romantic relationships between a boss and a staff, it is something very tricky. So many people have completely condemned the situation that a business owner is involved in a relationship with his staff.

Is it something bad for a business man to date his staff? How would it affect the business?

To be honest I personally do not have an issue with this, as long as their relationship does not affect the performance of both parties then it should be okay. They are both adults and should be able to control themselves. Though there are lots of people who tends to look down on this issue.

In my opinion, it's okay for coworkers to have a romantic relationship as long as they can manage it well and remain professional while on the job. However, some companies prohibit such relationships as they may lead to complications in the future.

I believe that business owner should not date his staff. If it should happen, the staff in question should resign. It can lead to negative impression among the other members of staff.

In my opinion, this is not bad, but it would definitely have an impact on the business and on the employees, because they would not be able to remain as a boss and an employee. I think that it would be necessary to look for another profession or there should be a raise

It all boils down to the people involved. The problems always comes when you want to carry the relationship and express it in the workplace. It always breeds jealousy and feelings of the boss jeopardising his position.
Sometimes it doesn't allow the boss function properly because there come favouritism by the boss on the lover which isn't nice to others

Both have pros and cons. A boss dating his or her staff might make other staff uncomfortable, and others may think of it as favoritism. Some businesses here in the country prohibit or restrict dating in the workplace, especially superiors dating their subordinates. But I've seen this a lot in K-dramas, and it makes me want to think that it's fine 😅.

12,056Threads
92,980Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member