Can a Recipe Be Patented?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵13.397775
Referral Credit
I often watch films or read news about the theft of recipes such as cooking recipes, drinks, formulas, sauces, production processes, marketing plans, etc., which are business secrets that should not be known to the general public. As far as I know, patent rights are only granted for new inventions or new technological innovations that have never existed before. So a recipe or formula is not something new and has existed since ancient times so it cannot be patented. For small and medium entrepreneurs who rely on the taste of food or product quality, entrepreneurs who have secret recipes can apply Intellectual Property Rights as Trade Secrets. So as an entrepreneur who has business secrets, what will you do to protect your recipe so it doesn't leak out?

It would be best to make things legal, most of these companies tend to make their employees sign legal agreements that they would not disclose any secret even after they have stopped working there.

It would be best to make things legal, most of these companies tend to make their employees sign legal agreements that they would not disclose any secret even after they have stopped working there.
I agree with your opinion, business people must do it legally and employees sign a Confidentiality Agreement, especially employees who work in production, cooks, who will be directly involved with recipes or formulas.

There are chefs that generate recipes that you can never find anywhere. Like they sat down, did the mixing. It didn't look good or taste good once or twice. They tweaked it severally and it came out good. If it's that kind of recipe, it should be patented as soon as possible and the guy sells it to eateries to make money.

13,040Threads
98,107Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member