• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Can introverts survive in the world of business?

Moseschidera

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.298000
Referral Credit
Much of business requires social skills like pitching ideas, networking, and client interaction. However, some very successful entrepreneurs identify as introverts. While being an extrovert can help in certain situations, traits like focused work, listening, and creativity also contribute greatly to success. For introverts who have started businesses, how have you leveraged your natural strengths and managed prospective weaknesses? What strategies have helped you thrive in a field that outwardly rewards extroversion?

Much of business requires social skills like pitching ideas, networking, and client interaction. However, some very successful entrepreneurs identify as introverts. While being an extrovert can help in certain situations, traits like focused work, listening, and creativity also contribute greatly to success. For introverts who have started businesses, how have you leveraged your natural strengths and managed prospective weaknesses? What strategies have helped you thrive in a field that outwardly rewards extroversion?
Yes, by being smarter than the next person and by outworking the people opposite you.
Just because you're introverted doesn't mean you're a doormat either.

Introverts makes good entrepreneurs. Not all business involves social interactions and communication. Online business doesn't need physical interaction with others. In fact, most successful entrepreneurs are introverts.
Speaking from experience, introverts are also better at reading other people because we take time to ignore the outside and focus on the individual.

An introvert being in business would have to interact with people everyday, handle their excesses and even endure fights. That can affect the sanity of a core introvert. When you are coming to business, make sure you change that introvert personality and come to business as an extrovert.

I consider myself an introverted person, but I can still manage to communicate with others. Although I must admit that I am not particularly good at it, and there might be moments of silence during our conversation. Given my personality, I am uncertain if I will excel in social settings, but since I have no choice, I will try my best to improve my conversation skills and become a better talker. LOL

12,056Threads
92,978Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member