Can money buy happiness?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
Money is one of the most important things in our lives, next to food to eat, a home to live in, and ways to get from here to there but with all of those things, you need money. So that’s where the “money can buy happiness”, this phrase comes in because people think that since money can buy everything else then it can easily buy happiness also. I believe that money cannot buy happiness, and actually, I believe that in some ways money can negatively consume your life which would not make you very happy. What I mean by this is, say someone is desperate for money, and then he will do anything to get their hands on it. That could mean robbing someone of it, which would consume your life by getting you thrown in jail.

Another thing could be that if someone is not desperate for money but the complete opposite, that he has so much he doesn’t know what to do with it, then he could become greedy. This would make his life all about money, therefore consuming it in his obsession to want more and more.

In my personal experience with money, we’ve had the amount of an average family, meaning that we weren’t filthy rich but weren’t poor either. The amount that we’ve had was enough to make us happy because we didn’t struggle with anything like food and other necessities; I say it’s better than nothing. Speaking of nothing, looking at others who don’t have much money makes me appreciate my life more even if I am not wealthy. Being average isn’t that bad. Money might be able to make you happy but that’s not the point, the point is that it can’t buy happiness. Being happy is an emotion, it is something you feel, not something you buy, and that is why happiness is priceless!

Money can't buy happiness; it can only be a'source' of happiness. Many wealthy individuals are unhappy with their lives, possibly because of severe health conditions, family disownment, and other issues. Therefore, I do not believe that money can buy happiness; it is merely a source of happiness. While it can help you eat three or more times a day, travel to different places, etc., these things can only provide temporary happiness, especially if you feel empty inside.

You can not buy it but with money you can do so many things travel help others etc it is in some way happiness
That's true, it's because money is a facilitator of happiness. When there's no noney, life is lonely.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member