• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Cash or Credit Card?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.532563
Referral Credit
I used to use my credit card to make purchases. However, due to the instability of my online job, I struggled to make timely payments. That is why I chose to cut my credit card. LOL. It's been more than 5 years since I last used one. Now, I pay with cash or a debit card. I only use debit cards for online purchases, which I do not do often because I am saving money and trying to budget. When I go grocery shopping, I bring barely enough money to avoid overspending. How about you? Do you use cash or credit card for making purchases?

I surrendered my credit card because of its charges. I'm now enjoying my debit card and cash every time I shop in malls and grocery stores. I also bring money intended for the important purchases for the daily needs.

I use my credit card for online payment because it is safer to make online payment using a credit card compared to a debit card in some countries, if there is hacking a chargeback can be filed.

I surrendered my credit card because of its charges. I'm now enjoying my debit card and cash every time I shop in malls and grocery stores. I also bring money intended for the important purchases for the daily needs.
That's good. Having credit cards can be appealing. We feel more confident buying expensive items when we know we have our credit cards with us. LOL

That's good. Having credit cards can be appealing. We feel more confident buying expensive items when we know we have our credit cards with us. LOL
The control is ours. Let's discipline ourselves. Buy only very important unless there's a need to shop for a luxury item. Tomorrow, I'll buy a new celfon. It's necessary because my latest celfon will be 3 years old in May.

For me l would prefer using the cash. Credit card would toss me in the debt which will then cost me through paying higher interest rates.
Same here. I prefer cash over credit card since using the latter can be tempting. Hehe
Post automatically merged:

I use my credit card for online payment because it is safer to make online payment using a credit card compared to a debit card in some countries, if there is hacking a chargeback can be filed.
Yes, it can be safer than debit cards in some places. And, that is true. You can report it to your bank and have it checked.

I prefer the credit card because it is easier and more convienent for me I can manage my money easier than having cash
I see. Some people prefer it over cash as they find it safer and more convenient, especially when they are outside.
Post automatically merged:

The control is ours. Let's discipline ourselves. Buy only very important unless there's a need to shop for a luxury item. Tomorrow, I'll buy a new celfon. It's necessary because my latest celfon will be 3 years old in May.
Yes, it is all about self-discipline. We must not overspend or go beyond our means. And, yay!!! I am happy for you!!!

Last edited:
Over here we use cash or debit cards. Gaining access to credit cards here is extremely hard. Not everyone can have access to them. Most people even spend their whole life not having access to a credit card or even knowing what it looks like.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member