Crypto as Part of a Retirement Plan?

Cryptocurrency is high risk investment. I will advice you to look for other more stable investment like stock, bonds, etc. Though, the investment may have low interest but is more stable. Cryptocurrency have a lot challenges which may affect its popularity and acceptance tomorrow.

Any investment that has a volatility of up to 60% is not a good investment for retirement. Crypto is way above this mark in terms of volatility and it isn't good for investment.

Cryptocurrency is high risk investment. I will advice you to look for other more stable investment like stock, bonds, etc. Though, the investment may have low interest but is more stable. Cryptocurrency have a lot challenges which may affect its popularity and acceptance tomorrow.
Any investment that has a volatility of up to 60% is not a good investment for retirement. Crypto is way above this mark in terms of volatility and it isn't good for investment.
I agree; if you've got extra money that you can afford to put into crypto, by all means.
Otherwise, not so much.

Not all crypto has high volatility, especially Bitcoin and Ethereum will become more stable, personally I have owned Bitcoin since 2012 and until now the price is getting higher, because the total supply of Bitcoin available for mining will decrease. Moreover, using Bitcoin as a retirement plan requires skill and is not suitable for investors who have a moderate and conservative risk profile.

For me, this is one of the main ways. I am very confident in cryptocurrency and I am not ready to sell it now for profit if I can keep these tokens for pension and get even more. Of course, a small part, but it will be my backup option if something fails. I don't think that cryptocurrency will disappear in 30 years, for example

I don't think that cryptocurrency will disappear in 30 years, for example
As long as fiat currency remains as volatile as it can be at times, cryptocurrencies will be there as a backup.

As long as fiat currency remains as volatile as it can be at times, cryptocurrencies will be there as a backup.
Even though it is volatile, Bitcoin has proven itself to be more than gold, the price of Bitcoin continues to rise, demand is always increasing, there are more and more users, while the total supply is only 21 million BTC. The current price of Bitcoin is above $60k, and it seems that it will soon form a new ATH.

Offcourse with the right skill set and a licensed financial advisor then it is very much possible to stake a portion of your wealth which is a nest Egg into crytpocurrency.Cryptocurrency is a type of investment with great potential and is not slowing down anytime soon.Most of the crytpocurrency are more Viable when they are in a long term.Like staking for a certain period of time.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a good idea if we miss decades to reach the retirement age. More and more governments in this and that country are producing laws that declare the cryptocurrencies illegal. If such a mishap happens in mine or your country, we'll find ourselves owning amounts (even a very interesting amount) we cannot spend at all. Or the only option to make any use of them is to settle abroad. In any way, if we miss only a short time to retire and in our countries there aren't rumors about the cryptocurrencies ban by the government, maybe we could think on bitcoin and ethereum...

I don't think it's a good idea if we miss decades to reach the retirement age. More and more governments in this and that country are producing laws that declare the cryptocurrencies illegal. If such a mishap happens in mine or your country, we'll find ourselves owning amounts (even a very interesting amount) we cannot spend at all. Or the only option to make any use of them is to settle abroad. In any way, if we miss only a short time to retire and in our countries there aren't rumors about the cryptocurrencies ban by the government, maybe we could think on bitcoin and ethereum...
I agree with your opinion, crypto is very volatile, no different from stocks which number in the thousands so it is difficult for novice investors to choose which is the best stock, the same goes for crypto, so we can only choose blue chip crypto (BTC and Eth) which can be part of a retirement plan , besides, to choose Bitcoin as a retirement fund we must have a very aggressive profile.

12,012Threads
92,708Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member