• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Cut down on food deliveries

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵8.286938
Referral Credit
One of the benefits of relocating to a rural region was that I saved a lot of money on food deliveries. When I was in the city, I tended to use Food Panda or Grab app to order food online. Because there aren't many restaurants or fast food chains in the area, I'm cooking more at home. It is beneficial to me, particularly because I wish to save more money. And, even if there are numerous restaurants and fast food chains nearby, I will limit my spending. I learned everything the hard way.

It's a lot better to cook than eating out most times. Besides the fact that it would help you save, in most cases it can even be healthier cause most of the food we eat out, we do not even know the kind of ingredients they use for them.

One of the benefits of relocating to a rural region was that I saved a lot of money on food deliveries. When I was in the city, I tended to use Food Panda or Grab app to order food online. Because there aren't many restaurants or fast food chains in the area, I'm cooking more at home. It is beneficial to me, particularly because I wish to save more money. And, even if there are numerous restaurants and fast food chains nearby, I will limit my spending. I learned everything the hard way.
I cook my own meals excepting on Sunday evenings. I order my groceries and vegetables online.

It's a lot better to cook than eating out most times. Besides the fact that it would help you save, in most cases it can even be healthier cause most of the food we eat out, we do not even know the kind of ingredients they use for them.

I completely agree with you. Preparing meals at home is always a good idea. Not only does it help you save money, but it also gives you complete control over what goes into your food.
Post automatically merged:

I cook my own meals except on Sunday evenings. I order my groceries and vegetables online.

That is great to know. I am sure you are an excellent home cook. Which dish is your specialty? :)

I completely agree with you. Preparing meals at home is always a good idea. Not only does it help you save money, but it also gives you complete control over what goes into your food.

That is great to know. I am sure you are an excellent home cook. Which dish is your specialty? :)
Exactly, you can prepare a well balanced diet for less rather than paying heavy for a good they see has all the nutrients but might not be true.

@freelancermaria, it was totally your decision to order food. What if your current location suddenly booms into a mega city? And has lot's of fast food and eateries again, does it mean you would go back to ordering food? Discipline is the key dear.

@freelancermaria, it was totally your decision to order food. What if your current location suddenly booms into a mega city? And has lot's of fast food and eateries again, does it mean you would go back to ordering food? Discipline is the key dear.

That is why I stated in the last sentence that even though there are many fast-food chains or restaurants nearby, I will limit my spending :) And discipline is the key to saving money.

Exactly, you can prepare a well balanced diet for less rather than paying heavy for a good they see has all the nutrients but might not be true.
You are right, my friend. Fast food meals are not good for the body. They are high in fat, calories, and preservatives. Meanwhile, some restaurants can be quite expensive, especially those that offer healthy dishes.

Last edited:
I only order food on days that I am extremely tired and can't cook. And it always proves to be very expensive compared to having to cook the food for it to remain for the next day for me.
I realized that it is more expensive to order food from restaurants compared to cooking my own meals at home. Therefore, I have made the decision to prepare my meals in the comfort of my own kitchen.

Home cooking reduces expenditures. We can save more and relax more. Just cook a simple but nutritious menu. Ordering foods onnfiid chain is extravagance.
Very true, the money you would have used in buying out and getting them to deliver to you for just once eating would be enough to cook something that would last you for days.

Home cooking reduces expenditures. We can save more and relax more. Just cook a simple but nutritious menu. Ordering foods onnfiid chain is extravagance.

Certainly, opting for a healthier and simpler meal can effectively reduce our expenses. It is not necessary for the dish to be complicated or costly, as long as it is healthy and meets our needs.

Certainly, opting for a healthier and simpler meal can effectively reduce our expenses. It is not necessary for the dish to be complicated or costly, as long as it is healthy and meets our needs.
That's what we're doing at home to do the cooking of our food from breakfast to dinner and vice versa.

Apart from the fact that it is more economical to cook food, i love to cook my food. It gives me joy. I don't eat out because most of the eating house are cooking trash in name of food. I have not eat outside for over 9 years now.

It is great to hear that, Magnus! By cooking our own meals, we can save money, know what we are eating, and improve our culinary skills.

Very true, the money you would have used in buying out and getting them to deliver to you for just once eating would be enough to cook something that would last you for days.
With the money we would spend on take-out food, we can cook a large batch of food that will last for a couple of days.

That's what we're doing at home to do the cooking of our food from breakfast to dinner and vice versa.
That is great. Who is in charge of the kitchen? It is always better to prepare home-cooked meals, without a doubt.

Last edited:
10,471Threads
84,008Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back