D-Day In Nigeria: Police Fire Tear Gas as Protesters Hit The Streets

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.223050
Referral Credit
According to the report, the D-Day has arrived for Nigerian President Bola Tinubu. Despite warnings and concessions, hundreds of young Nigerians have hit the streets across the cities to protest against Tinubu's administration.

The report added that police fired tear gas in cities like Lagos, Kano, and the capital Abuja to break up the rallies. Protesters are demanding an end to the cost-of-living crisis and for transparency into governance. Inspired by the anti-government rallies in Kenya, young Nigerians have been mobilizing rallies on social media.

The report added that the Nigerian government has scrambled to avert the protests and has offered concessions like more jobs, but protesters have pressed ahead with the rallies.

Will Nigeria plunge into Kenya-like chaos? These Nigerian protesters can't anymore tolerate the dishonesty of their government promising many things but nothing good was granted. They hope that through their protest their woes will be heard by their government,

Watch the coverage of the report via the YouTube link.

The protest so far at my end was a bit peaceful compared to others. Though I did not join them and most stores refused to open.
If your stores there are closed meaning they are afraid that the protest will escalate anywhere in Nigeria. I hope it will last only in a day.

If your stores there are closed meaning they are afraid that the protest will escalate anywhere in Nigeria. I hope it will last only in a day.
The protest is still going on, there where places where protesters burnt down cars and the likes. Things might go worse from there.

The protest is still going on, there where places where protesters burnt down cars and the likes. Things might go worse from there.
Those protesters must respect the properties of the people who do not do wrong to them. They should not include burning houses .That could be brutal.

The police needs to calm down at this point as they are also suffering this. We are all in this mess together
Exactly, it needs to be a joint effort by both the forces and the people, cause in the end we are all fighting for what is best for everyone. Yes you are also right @Starmix

Exactly, it needs to be a joint effort by both the forces and the people, cause in the end we are all fighting for what is best for everyone. Yes you are also right @Starmix
It's the protesters who suffer a lot for the sake of the entire populace. They have to protect themselves. They can protect without harming anyone. They will surely be heard by your government.

That's my point all these overzealous police officers how much are they even being paid monthly mere peanuts. They better calm down

13,246Threads
99,226Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member