Do children require privacy?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.258826
Referral Credit
Around the age of seven or eight, when they start to want independence and become more conscious of their own bodies, children usually start to express a desire for privacy. A growing need for privacy develops as kids approach puberty and go through mental and physical transitions. This is also due to the fact that children's and teenagers' development and wellbeing may be negatively impacted by a lack of privacy. It may affect their capacity to form an independent and self-identifying identity, as well as cause them to feel as though their personal space has been invaded and they have little autonomy.

Its true that everyone needs to have privacy, but when it comes to children it dependes on their age and what kind of privacy they need, i don't think a child under 5 needs a privacy, but those older than 7 can have some types of privacy like changing their cloth by themselves, taking shower and similar things.

At different age, children demand for privacy in different ways. Teenagers enjoy staying in their world and stay away in a closed room and not be disturbed by family members. Teenagers don't like interferences. When young children start getting aware of their body, they demand privacy to change etc. They might need privacy or no disturbance during their favourite show.
Very young children below the age of five might not demand for privacy in the sense adults would. But they too need their time when they don't want to be bugged by others. We should respect of.

I believe children needs privacy, but for certain things like changing, sleeping and other things that naturally someone would like to not be disturbed by someone. Though I believe for the most part that privacy when it comes to electronics, is something that needs trust to gain privacy. Even then, there are ways to keep track of things related to electronics, without requiring them being in open areas or being willing to be open about everything they do on it.

I don't support giving children some privileges until they come of age. I still bath my 13 years old boy. Though, he complains but i don't listen to him. Children needs privacy but you need to be conscious and indirectly monitor them. Nowadays, some parents allow their children to control them in name of privacy.

13,081Threads
98,410Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member