• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Do I have the right to call for a contract review for a contract I signed out of ignorance/ naivety?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.020705
Referral Credit
Sometimes, we end up signing contracts that normally doesn't favour us out of ignorance or desperation. And by the time we realize, the contract is already running.

Is It possible for me to call for a review of a business contract midway into the running of that contract using ignorance as a basis?

On a normal case, this should be part of your rights but then again it still depends on the kind of contract you go into. There are some contacts you might sign that might or may not give you room to review and make corrections after signing. This is why it is extremely important to go through any contract carefully before signing ot making a choice.

Ignorance of the law excuses no one the same way to your experience. Before signing a contract thorough analysis must be done first before affixing your signature,Once you signed it you consented on the agreement stated in the contract.

It would only take negotiations for such a contract to be reviewed. And it is totally dependent on the pegorative of the other party to agree to the contract review. If they refuse, there is no going back.

It depends on civil (sometimes, also criminal) laws of your country. Usually, in the western world, if you signed, you are compelled to fulfil all the obligations independent of whatever naivety. It's no use pleading ignorance of the laws, says a general rule in my former country (less than in the case of a fraud). Maybe this rule could change (but I don't trust in the good will of politicians) due to the customary habit of financial enterprises that don't allow the customer to read the full contract first than signing. Contracts use to be very long and the customer should read at home, but the financial enterprise doesn't leave the text with the customer. So this latter has only 2 chances: signing based on the few provisions he/she knows or get rid of the idea of that business/investment.

11,941Threads
92,349Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member