• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Do not compare yourself to others

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
If you want to save more money, avoid comparing yourself to others, as this can be counterproductive to your savings goals. We all have various financial conditions, and it's fine if some achieve greater success than you. You will be successful eventually, especially if you work hard. Furthermore, their lifestyles will not work for us in some respects, thus comparing your lifestyle to theirs will result in you spending a lot of money on unneeded items that bring no value to your life. Instead of comparing yourself to others, why not focus on your progress? Celebrate small wins! Work on your self-discipline, too!

We all are unique with our thoughts and innovative ideas, when we started coping others like film star, writers and others then basically we started killing our visual and hidden talents, so we need to be ourselves rather than a copied person.

You are right, comparing our self to others will put us in difficulty positions and we don't feel happy about our life and when we start living like other peoples we start to lose our money and can save for the future.
Yes, it is correct. Stop comparing yourself to others so you can be happier and focus on your financial goals.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah the truth is that we don't need to be like others. So no comparison at all. You need to be yourself and do things that only favors you.
Yes, we are unique, and we should not compare our lifestyles to others. Some people compare themselves, which leads to disappointment.

We all are unique with our thoughts and innovative ideas, when we started coping others like film star, writers and others then basically we started killing our visual and hidden talents, so we need to be ourselves rather than a copied person.
That is correct. We must concentrate on ourselves - improve ourselves so we can have better lives later.

Last edited:
If you want to save more money, avoid comparing yourself to others, as this can be counterproductive to your savings goals. We all have various financial conditions, and it's fine if some achieve greater success than you. You will be successful eventually, especially if you work hard. Furthermore, their lifestyles will not work for us in some respects, thus comparing your lifestyle to theirs will result in you spending a lot of money on unneeded items that bring no value to your life. Instead of comparing yourself to others, why not focus on your progress? Celebrate small wins! Work on your self-discipline, too!
Comparison leads to jealousy and there after more spending. So it's important to be content with what we have.

When you start comparing yourself to others, that's where you would start to feel financial pressure to keep up and that is not healthy for your finances. Just live your optimal life and be happy with yourself.

One thing I would never do is to compare myself to anyone else. I am me and no one else can be like me, same way I cannot be like the next person.

That is very true, we should always carry this cross wherever we are. People start early to learn and acquire skills and we may have not started early to grasp some of those skills. It would not be fair to think that it is mere luck for them just because they seem to excel. They have put in the work and the results are paying off. So we should only concentrate more on our efforts and just give gratitude to those who are doing a lot more than us out there.This is a simple life Hack for most of us.

Comparison leads to jealousy and there after more spending. So it's important to be content with what we have.

It's true that when people compare their lives with others who are winning in life, they often feel disheartened and envious. However, it's essential to remember to be content with what we have and focus on our own journey. By working hard and staying committed, we can also become successful like them. Instead of comparing ourselves to others, we should strive to improve ourselves and achieve our own goals.

When you start comparing yourself to others, that's where you would start to feel financial pressure to keep up and that is not healthy for your finances. Just live your optimal life and be happy with yourself.

That's correct. It's understandable to feel pressured because you want to experience the luxurious lifestyle of others. But, the truth is, spending beyond your means to achieve what they have is not good for your finances. Instead, focus on your own journey and try to be content with what you have at the moment. Work hard towards achieving financial freedom later, and don't let the extravagant lifestyles of others distract you from your goals.

One thing I would never do is to compare myself to anyone else. I am me and no one else can be like me, the same way I cannot be like the next person.

That is true. I do not compare myself with others, too. I focus on my own journey. That is the best thing to do.

That is very true, we should always carry this cross wherever we are. People start early to learn and acquire skills and we may have not started early to grasp some of those skills. It would not be fair to think that it is mere luck for them just because they seem to excel. They have put in the work and the results are paying off. So we should only concentrate more on our efforts and just give gratitude to those who are doing a lot more than us out there.This is a simple life Hack for most of us.

I completely agree with you, Carson. The amount of dedication and hard work they have put in to reach where they are today is admirable. It is a lesson for us all, and we should follow suit if we aspire to achieve financial independence in the future.

Last edited:
I don't compare myself with anybody. In fact, am not in competition with anybody. Though people's achievements do motivate me to do more. I believe that am so unique that nobody is blessed like me. When you compare yourself with others, you are bound to be envious.

I don't compare myself with anybody. In fact, am not in competition with anybody. Though people's achievements do motivate me to do more. I believe that am so unique that nobody is blessed like me. When you compare yourself with others, you are bound to be envious.

Absolutely! It is essential not to compare ourselves with others because each one of us is unique. Instead of feeling envious, we should feel inspired by others' accomplishments.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member