• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do not shop when you are hungry

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.586063
Referral Credit
I always make sure not to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. When we are hungry, everything looks tempting, and we buy costly and unhealthy food items we do not need. It is best to avoid shopping when hungry to save money and make healthier choices. What do you think?

True everything tends to look extra delicious, but then again I know the amount of money am carrying and what I have budgeted it for.
You don't seem to understand the power of hunger. When you are famished and you have money in your pockets, you tend to buy anything that would satiate the hunger.

That is why you should always plan yourself. You should know when your body would crave a meal and make sure you carry food alongside you.

Before you go to the grocery store, it is a good idea to have a light snack or meal. You can also bring some snacks with you to keep your energy up while you shop.
Post automatically merged:

sometime, like in a situation where, i have nothing to eat Ill go to shop

Sometimes, you find yourself with nothing to cook or eat at home, so you have to go out for a meal or get food delivered.

It is something innovative. A sort of thing which we realize but not follow. The logic behind this is very strong. Although seems to be something very small but definitely it save our money.

Yes, it sounds trivial, but it can definitely save some money. Make sure to eat first before heading to the grocery store. Hehe

It might be a bad idea since when you are hungry you tend to buy a lot of junk food

It is not a good idea to head out without eating because when you are hungry, you might be more inclined to give in to the temptation to eat or buy unhealthy junk food.

True everything tends to look extra delicious, but then again I know the amount of money am carrying and what I have budgeted it for.

So, good to know you are disciplined. You know your priorities. What I usually do is I eat before heading to the grocery store.

I usually go to the supermarket for groceries shopping after breakfast or lunch, so I do not feel hungry at that time. In any case, even if you are hungry, if you are self-disciplined, you can still restrain yourself from buying junk foods.

Same here. I usually go out after lunchtime. By doing this, I won’t be tempted to give in to temptations. LOL. And, yes! Having discipline is essential.

That's very right because when you do that while very hungry you could loose the focus on what you initially planned because hunger drives people astray.

When we are hungry, nearly everything we see seems appetizing, so we end up buying it even if it is unhealthy and costly.

Impulse purchase of quick edible items can easily creep in and you are just forgetting the original things you came to that grocery store to buy.

So true. We often end up buying things we do not really need because our empty stomachs trick us into thinking we must have them.

This idea really works if you want to be a very healthy easter. You need to prepare your meals before hand to avoid unhealthy eating

Yes. It is important to ensure we do not go out on an empty stomach, especially if we strive to save money or steer clear of unhealthy food purchases.

How could I shop when I am hungry? I have to satisfy my hunger first before I go shipping. I hate hunger. The feeling is bad.

Yes, do not head out on an empty stomach as it can lead us to make unhealthy food choices. While this does not apply to everyone, as some people have self-control.

Last edited:
12,088Threads
93,157Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member