• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you allow installation of apps from untrusted sources on your phone?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
By default, Android OS doesn't allow a user of a device running the OS to install apps from other sources. You would have to permit the system to do that which might be risky for your device.

Do you allow apps from unknown sources to install on your phone or you only use official stores?

Yes I usually allow this cause there some apps I need that are not on play store or they are not free on play store, while I can get it free somewhere else.
Any app that is not free on playstore and you get it free somewhere else, you have downloaded the modded version and the developer is not making money for his idea.

By default, Android OS doesn't allow a user of a device running the OS to install apps from other sources. You would have to permit the system to do that which might be risky for your device.

Do you allow apps from unknown sources to install on your phone or you only use official stores?
If I get a prompt alert that the app might be harmful I do not proceed with the installation.

Any app that is not free on playstore and you get it free somewhere else, you have downloaded the modded version and the developer is not making money for his idea.
Am not the developer though, the bottom line is am able to use it for what I want to use it for without any issues. Then again not all the apps on some of these sites are actually cracked.

Am not the developer though, the bottom line is am able to use it for what I want to use it for without any issues. Then again not all the apps on some of these sites are actually cracked.
The official place to get apps for smartphones is from the playstore. And I stand with @Kross, that if it is paid on playstore, and free somewhere else, it is not good to use such apps because the developer has been cheated. I feel this because I am in the creativity sector and I understand the pains of sweating it out for another person to be making money off your work.

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member