Do you allow social pressure to influence your financial choices?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.590563
Referral Credit
Social pressure does not influence my financial decisions. Comparisons between my lifestyle and others' can result in unnecessary spending on things that are unimportant. Moreover, it can negatively affect my ability to achieve my financial goals. People who appear to live a great life on social media may not actually be living it. It is possible that some people borrowed money or took out loans for the purpose of showing off.

I have never fallen for this. And I am very thankful about that. It can actually take a toll on not only your financial health but also your mental and emotional health.
There is a very nice quote...You have very limited time , you can't waste it living lives of others.
My lifestyle and my financial decisions are my personal choices and I don't let any peer pressure or social media pressure influence it.

I can never allow myself to be pressured by what I see on social media. The truth of the matter is that there are times where some of the things we see might not even be the truth. Imagine being pressured by someone on social media who is living a fake life.

I work as a counselor. And I keep meeting people who are social media addicts and have a beautiful projection of their lives on those platforms. But there is a different story in real life. They are lonely and depressed. So, all that glitters need not be gold. Many people out there on social media platforms are actually projecting a fake life.

I don't have herd mentality. It is only people that are not independent minded that allow themselves to be occupied by the whims and caprices of the social world. Your condition is specific to you. Don't live someone else's life.

I do not spend money on items which are considered status symbols like expensive cars, holidays, so this has adversely affected my social status and I do not get much paid work online.

I have lived long enough to know it well that all that glitters is not gold. Many people live a fake dual life on these social media platforms. On the contrary, I feel that those who are really happy in true sense don't want to show off to the world.

12,104Threads
93,261Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member