• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you consider spending your savings on hosting your visitors as a wastage of money?

Xtynehappy

Community Advocate
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.841075
Referral Credit
As human beings we will have some visitors be it friends, relatives, or neighbours that often come to our homes just abruptly or without notice.
So do you consider the spending of extra money to host them for like two to three days a wastage of money?

Since it's savings, it means I have a target I am saving it for. If anyone decides to visit me unannounced, they will simply have to make do with what I have, unless it's an urgent situation where I have no choice.

Every savings move I undertake is geared towards a goal and I dare not touch my saving because of anything that is not the goal. Coming to someone's house unannounced is a financial drain on the person and you should warn your people not to do that.

Because I live 5 to 6 hours away from family and friends, I doubt they will pay me a visit to my flat. However, if an unexpected visit took place, I would be quite distressed. I am not ready to deplete my savings to accommodate them because it was a last-minute event. They will have to make do with any preparations I can make at that time.

In the European countries, it's considered a true incivility to come to anyone's home just abruptly or without notice (in the southern European countries, unless they are your children and grandchildren), unless cause a matter of life and death. If they come abruptly or without notice, they should stick with the few things we have. Even better should be to speak clearly with friends and relatives who carry on such unpleasant and uncivil habit.
Since it's savings, it means I have a target I am saving it for. If anyone decides to visit me unannounced, they will simply have to make do with what I have, unless it's an urgent situation where I have no choice.
Exactly.

In the European countries, it's considered a true incivility to come to anyone's home just abruptly or without notice (in the southern European countries, unless they are your children and grandchildren), unless cause a matter of life and death. If they come abruptly or without notice, they should stick with the few things we have. Even better should be to speak clearly with friends and relatives who carry on such unpleasant and uncivil habit.

Exactly.
Yes, you can't just bounce on someone like that, what about if the person has other plans for the day, you coming would just affect the plans.

Yes, you are draining your financial means. This is entertaining people doesn't mean business you would not make any profit so it is a kind of waste here.

During difficult times, it is indispensable to be aware of the impact our actions can have on others. Surprising someone with an unannounced visit may not be the best idea, as it could potentially cause unwanted stress and anxiety. It can harm the finances of that person, too. It is always a good practice to check in with people and make sure they are okay with a visit beforehand.

During difficult times, it is indispensable to be aware of the impact our actions can have on others. Surprising someone with an unannounced visit may not be the best idea, as it could potentially cause unwanted stress and anxiety. It can harm the finances of that person, too. It is always a good practice to check in with people and make sure they are okay with a visit beforehand.
This is what I do before visiting any one. I do give the call at least a day or two about my visit . It isn't nice to visit someone from the Blues

12,063Threads
93,007Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member