Do you find it awkward to discuss money with others?

deucher

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.006625
Referral Credit
This is especially true with my parents; they have always forbidden us from discussing money, so I avoided doing so. However, these days, I don't have any issues with it and can politely bring up the subject, telling people how much I make and asking them how much they make.

There is nothing awkward about money discussions. I am not insecure and I feel free telling someone about my financial level. After all, I am not rich and no one would plan to rob me.

I believe this is an interesting question.

I have shared that information with individuals if it can be useful to inspire or dissuade them from following a similar path. However, I've noticed that people often make prejudgments based on it.

I am not particularly fond of discussing my earnings with others, to be honest. It is something that makes me uncomfortable, and I do not see the point in sharing it. I'd much rather keep it to mysel. LOL
This is also the right opinion because finance is something personal for everyone and everyone has different opinions on it. A lot of people don't want to share their thoughts about finances, because serious disputes can arise because of this, and such topics are forbidden, just like politics

13,179Threads
98,925Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member