• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you give proportionate allowance to your kids?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.568550
Referral Credit
Do you give proportionate allowance to your kids who are enrolled in private or public schools, colleges and universities? If not I'm so sure you have reasons but your elder or younger kid might feel disgusted because of unequal distribution of allowance. Whatever reason you may have, your kids ought to know to understand you.

It's true that budgetting is a must to track down our resources, but for your kids having unequal allowance, they will not understand so explain to them your reasons.

I don't think it's that of a big deal if you do not explain to your kids why their allowance is not equal.
When I was little I do not bother when my mum gives bigger allowance to my big sis because I was trained in a way that I believe my seniors deserves to have everything bigger than mine, things like food are one thing I usually believed as a kid that my seniors deserve to have bigger.

That is case to case by the way, at home when my sister gives a bigger allowance to her eldest kid, the other one cries aloud. It is best to give them an equal amount to avoid the kid's young heart getting emotionally distracted.

Of course, my parents gave me pocket money according to age or school period. When I was in elementary school, the pocket money I received was different from when I was in junior high school. So basically the allowance will always be proportional to age or years of school.

I don't have a kid yet but back then in school my mom usually gave me allowance. Though it was small but it was better than notting and i had to manage a lot just to scale through.

My dad used to give I and my brothers a fixed amount and gave my younger sister a higher amount monthly. The reason was that a lady had more to do with money every month than we because she is a lady.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member