• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you have open markets in your country? Have you ever sold there?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
I don't know if it exists in other countries but open markets are a vital thing to any city in my country. An open market is usually a large open air space where sellers have small sheds where they display and sell their goods. You would see large influx of buyers coming in to buy several things. In open markets, you can buy every product and get services if basic necessity.

I have sold in an open market before and it is always a pleasant experience to do so because you would easily sell due to large presence of potential buyers. Do you have open markets in your country?

We have open markets and I have occasionally taken my chickens to go sell there. It is always an experience that is rowdy but you are sure if making good sales if you have good products.

Open markets are pretty common here in Nigeria, as we have a lot of them but small and big in streets, road sides and the likes. I have never sold anything in an open market before though.

There is no way open markets would disappear in my country. I think it is so for so many other African countries. Ghana has open markets. I think the communal culture is what drives open markets.

I know open markets are not really a thing in Europe. They do more of large malls that one can buy anything they need. In Africa, open markets can't just disappear.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member