• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Do you install the SIM service provider's apps?

Stardom22

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.728888
Referral Credit
For me l had not considered the installation of the SIM service provider's app. However l decided to find out how my airtime is being eaten up whenever l recharge. To my surprise l noticed like three programmes that l subscribed unknowingly may be by accidentally clicking of links or something. l am glad that l managed to unsubscribe from all those unwanted subscriptions that were eating up my airtime.

Yes for my mtn sim, I am using the app, though I only make use of it on Tuesdays due to their Tuesday offers to get 5gb at a very cheap rate, and this offer is found only on the app. I mostly do it when I want to download a lot of things.

I usually avoid installing carrier apps and bloatware on my devices if I can help it. Those pre-loaded apps from providers like Verizon or AT&T often feel clunky and unnecessary when I'm already using better third-party alternatives. Plus, they just take up storage space. However, I will install an official app if it's required for managing my account, monitoring data usage, or accessing certain carrier services and features. But otherwise, I like to keep my devices streamlined with just the apps I actually use regularly.

12,058Threads
92,983Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member