Do you think it's a bad idea to preserve a marriage for the sake of children?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.258826
Referral Credit
Remaining together "for the kids" may seem like the proper decision, but there are situations when it might backfire. It is wise for parents to take the family as a whole into consideration before deciding to sacrifice their marital satisfaction for the benefit of their kids. According to studies, an unhealthy marriage can have a negative impact on a person's emotional health. Even when it isn't stated out loud, kids may sense stress and disagreement between their parents since they are sensitive.

In my opinion, though, why not try again if your marriage may still be saved and love can still be rekindled? Considering how much it will impact your children, I think it's only a terrible choice if there's no chance of fixing the marriage and you've suffered too much emotional damage as well.

How about your thoughts on this?

Personally i don't think it is a bad idea to keep the marriage for the sake of their children, at list till the child get younger and knows what is good and what is bad, otherwise it will be hard for the child, from studies the first person who will get hart from a divorce is the children and they will face many mental challenges and health issues so its better to preserve the marriage for their children health and good mantel status.

Well i don't think its a bad idea though cause you are doing it to ensure that your children grow up in a better environment and get to experience the care of both parents.

Staying in a bad marriage might damage the children you are trying to stay for. Mental health illness is real so get out while you can and be whole with the kids
Yes it is a bad idea to stay in a marriage for the sake of the children. I have been divorced for over 12 years and it was a bad one my husband turned it around to make it seem like I was the bad person but he cheated on me with a person that he brought into our home that was supposed to be a friend. My daughter came to me once she was 18 and said mom I realize now it was all dad and apologized to me for treating me the way she did.

Yes it is a bad idea to stay in a marriage for the sake of the children. I have been divorced for over 12 years and it was a bad one my husband turned it around to make it seem like I was the bad person but he cheated on me with a person that he brought into our home that was supposed to be a friend. My daughter came to me once she was 18 and said mom I realize now it was all dad and apologized to me for treating me the way she did.
Yeah I can relate with your story. They always want to make it look like they were the saint In the marriage but the truth will always prevail.

Yeah I can relate with your story. They always want to make it look like they were the saint In the marriage but the truth will always prevail.
That is for sure but everyone knows he was the wrong one in it all. I am happy now and that is what matters

Staying together is useless when love is gone in their hearts. there is always an argument and the kids witness how they quarrel and when they decide to have their separate ways the kids will understand and that's the time they will feel at ease and at peace.

The kids suffer a lot when see their parents always quarrel. It is sickening. They better break the tie of their marriage to give each other a chance to find the right happiness. They marry with a wrong decision and feeling.

13,044Threads
98,167Messages
305Members
dalibiLatest member