Do You Think You Can Survive Alone on An Island?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵3.540113
Referral Credit
As for me, I think I can if there is adequate food and drink. The shelter might be modest, but it must include Wi-Fi so that I can stay connected to my family and friends. Hahahahaha. And, of course, my pets should accompany me. LOL. I asked since I'm now watching a TV series about a female who spent 15 years on an island. She survived, but life was difficult for her. She picked up new skills like fishing and hunting. Do you think you can survive alone on an island?

Well, I don't know, there would be many variables to consider, such as if I can get drinking water, how big the island is and the resources it has to offer, and the climate of it is an extremely important factor as well, the distance I am from other places...

Well, I don't know, there would be many variables to consider, such as if I can get drinking water, how big the island is and the resources it has to offer, and the climate of it is an extremely important factor as well, the distance I am from other places...
Yes, you must consider other factors as well. The weather condition can be a big problem.
Post automatically merged:

Give me food and something to enjoy with, then i don't mind staying on island by my self.
Haha. Same here, Kirubel!

Unfortunately, I couldn't cause my IBS, bone diseases, hyperopia and the expensive drugs I need on a daily basis.

As for me, I think I can if there is adequate food and drink. The shelter might be modest, but it must include Wi-Fi so that I can stay connected to my family and friends. Hahahahaha. And, of course, my pets should accompany me. LOL. I asked since I'm now watching a TV series about a female who spent 15 years on an island. She survived, but life was difficult for her. She picked up new skills like fishing and hunting. Do you think you can survive alone on an island?

Interesting! Maybe that movie refers to a book I was gifted when I was a child (if I remember well, my primary school teacher gave that book to me: she was used to donate books to me because I have been an avid reader since my childhood). The book talked about an American Indian teenager who lost her family in a shipwreck and then her little brother in the island where her family first than the shipwreck lived, attacked by savage dogs. She spent many years surviving alone on the island, until her 28 years old, when she was rescued by missionaries.

I can provided there's food and water. I will be okay. Maybe I can also have a blanket to cover myself and we go
Yes, it is possible for very independent people. LOL. And yes, we need a good blanket, too.

I don't think I can survive alone on an island because I might be thinking about all the stuff I see in movies coming to real life 😅.
Hahaha. Yes. The scenes we see on movies can scare us to death, especially if there are wild animals around and the weather is severe.

I have read books and seen movies around the same topic. Stuck in an island and coming out of the harsh conditions. Some good survival stories. But I am scared to be in such situation. I would never wish myself to be in that.

Yes, of course! In the movies, all is a bed of roses, but the reality will always be harsher. Rarely a movie or series character stuck on an island (or any worse situation) gets sick. They mostly count on a clean bill of health, but I'm afraid the reality is a bit different... :cry:

Although, it is very impossible, but let us project it as possible and if happens to me, I surely will not survive on an island where I am alone. How could you survive if there is no shelter, no food, no water no human to talk to, and the worst no internet signal?

I don't want to be stuck in an island in harsh conditions. But if it's a beautiful island that's a tourist attraction and has all facilities including the internet connection and wifi, it would be ideal for me to stay alone in a luxury resort with enough food and other facilities to enjoy. In fact I would treat it as a much needed vacation. But I think that even in thar ideal condition, I would be bored after few weeks..I am very social and can't stay from real people for a long.

Yes, of course! In the movies, all is a bed of roses, but the reality will always be harsher. Rarely a movie or series character stuck on an island (or any worse situation) gets sick. They mostly count on a clean bill of health, but I'm afraid the reality is a bit different... :cry:
You're correct, pousinha. The ones we see in movies are vastly different from what we will experience in real life. It will be harder to survive. LOL

I have read books and seen movies around the same topic. Stuck in an island and coming out of the harsh conditions. Some good survival stories. But I am scared to be in such situation. I would never wish myself to be in that.
Yes, it will be scary, that is for sure. It will be scarier if you are alone on the island. :( You will face a lot of challenges that some will be impossible to survive.

Although, it is very impossible, but let us project it as possible and if happens to me, I surely will not survive on an island where I am alone. How could you survive if there is no shelter, no food, no water no human to talk to, and the worst no internet signal?
It will be impossible to survive if you are alone, especially if you do not have the essentials to survive, such as food, clean water, etc.

For me l think that l can't survive alone in the island. It's very daring for one to survive all alone in places like that.
Yes, I do not think I can survive, too, especially without basic needs. No one will survive, I guess. Hehehe

I can't stay confined without human interactions. I need to see people in real and not only through virtual and digital world. During lockdown, I was in house arrest with my family. I had few people staying there in the house and even interacted with office colleague over Zoom calls and Teams meeting. But despite that I started feeling depressed, not seeing more people. I am not the right candidate to stay alone.

You're correct, pousinha. The ones we see in movies are vastly different from what we will experience in real life. It will be harder to survive. LOL

Yes, it will be scary, that is for sure. It will be scarier if you are alone on the island. :( You will face a lot of challenges that some will be impossible to survive.

It will be impossible to survive if you are alone, especially if you do not have the essentials to survive, such as food, clean water, etc.

Yes, I do not think I can survive, too, especially without basic needs. No one will survive, I guess. Hehehe
The sharks will be feasting if hearing of humans stranded on an island. What a scary evening no current and no companion to share with the intense feeling of fear and hunger.

I think it would be no problem for me to make a shelter to sleep in, but I certainly wouldn't be able to get food for myself because I have never killed animals. I could catch a fish, but I certainly wouldn't cut it open to get all the guts out. I think I would die :)

13,113Threads
98,549Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member