• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Do you use any hardware wallet for your crypto?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵2.740313
Referral Credit
Since crypto exchanges may get banned, I would like to find out if any member is using a hardware wallet for their crypto? If yes, how much does the hardware wallet cost, where did you purchase it and for how long have you been using it?

I have never physically seen a hardware crypto wallet. I don't know if people generally even use it. I think the availability of software crypto wallets make it not to gain prominence.

Never used one. In Latin America, these devices are shamefully expensive. A Ledger or Trezor would cost me more than my crypto savings. In addition, a new tax law in my country frowns on cryptocurrencies, strongly discouraging to store crypto out of national CEX. Practically, the last December I was forced to move my satoshis from a hot wallet to my national CEX. Cause our new government, cryptocurrencies became not so that big deal as before.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a hardware crypto wallet, maybe this recommendation can give you an idea, namely the Ledger Nano S, besides being cheap at around $60, it also has good quality, made by a well-known company. Ledger Nano S is widely sold in marketplaces such as Shopee etc.

Why don't turn phone in hardware wallet? Install metamask or trustwallet on phone just for those purpose. Connet it to internet just when you need it. All other time keep it off.
The smartphones are not very reliable, they stop functioning after some time due to hacking, and it will be difficult to retrieve the crypto in the smartphone if it will malfunction.

If you are looking for a hardware crypto wallet, maybe this recommendation can give you an idea, namely the Ledger Nano S, besides being cheap at around $60, it also has good quality, made by a well-known company. Ledger Nano S is widely sold in marketplaces such as Shopee etc.
A fellow resident in my country tried to purchase one. After he had paid for his purchasing, it looked like Brazilian Customs confiscated the device. The boy only received the reply by the seller company, claiming in your country it's forbidden to keep such a device. Well, I'm not astonished, as it appears our new government is going through the path to declare illegal to operate with cryptocurrencies out of our territorial boundaries.

A fellow resident in my country tried to purchase one. After he had paid for his purchasing, it looked like Brazilian Customs confiscated the device. The boy only received the reply by the seller company, claiming in your country it's forbidden to keep such a device. Well, I'm not astonished, as it appears our new government is going through the path to declare illegal to operate with cryptocurrencies out of our territorial boundaries.
In the marketplace, there are many local shops that sell hardware wallets, so there is no need to pay or have them confiscated by Customs, goods delivery also uses local services, so it only takes about three days from ordering to receiving the goods.

My country is one of the most bureaucratized in the world. If hardware wallets became illegal in my country, I won't advise my fellow residents to acquire one, especially knowing the new tax law equates hardware (and software too) wallets to foreign CEXs (I know it's foolish: whatever wallet can't be equated as a CEX, but that's our government members vision), suffering additional 15% taxes and other I.R.S. obligations. Since the 1st of January, we only should rely on our local exchanges, according to my country's new law. We are compelled to report every single penny to R.S.I., whether FIAT whether crypto. We are compelled to report the wallet where our cryptocurrencies are stored. So we can't use, less report, an illegal device.

Last edited:
Just today I bought a Trezor model one, and I plan to use it, since I have seen that Ledger is having some problems and I want to try something new, I think that using a hardware device for the security of your cryptocurrencies is the best and smartest.

11,942Threads
92,350Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member