Do you use commercial paid software or for free tools?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D Bucks
💵1.388275
Referral Credit
Sometimes, when it comes to perform tasks due to online activities, we need a specific software. For ex., a video creator. I often need a slide creator to upload my musical rehearsal. I get paid from platforms for my rehearsal. But I don't earn enough to justify the purchasing of Camtasia Studio or any other commercial productive software. So I rely on SlideShow Creator and ClipChamp (this latter, offered by Windows 10 and 11, so when it comes to make a video, I switch from Linux to Windows). And I always use the free version of whatever commercial tool (not the 30 day test, but a limit featured tool).

If universities, banks and companies would accept Linuxian software, we weren't never forced to purchase commercial software. My university compels us to Word for our academic jobs (but I still stick with ancient versions (Office 2007 and 2016) to avoid the purchasing of Office 360 (incompatible with my very old devices and very heavy for the new.

We'd need, in fact, the salary of a parliamentary, if we run after this and that subscription, beginning with Office 360, then Camtasia Studio, then whatever else productive stuff. We don't earn enough to support all these subscriptions.

12,012Threads
92,708Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member