Does age matter in love?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.023500
Referral Credit
Many said that age is just a figure or number, but I experience it in myself. I got a boyfriend who was 5 years younger than me. At first, I was happy because he was showing his love without pretensions. But, after some days, I realized that we were not meant for each other. The age gap we have is a hindrance for me. I was no longer happy with the guy five years younger than me, so I told him that we had to part ways. He cried, but I was not affected by his tears. My decision is final. I want a man older than me. Goodbye, love. This is the effect when I am relaxing. There are many memories my mind recalls.

I can date a younger person provided the person is matured in different ways. It is not about the age for me just be matured
Agree with that mate, there are young persons but their minds are mature and responsible. But we seldom find someone like that this time because they are after of age the same as him or hers.

There is not one single correct answer to that. People say that 1_3 years of age gap is the ideal one. And most consider men to be older than women. But I have seen relationships failing despite this ideal gap. My aunt and Uncle celebrated 75 years of their marriage recently. They havr an age gap of 10 years, but I have not seen any couple more romantic abd compatible as they are. They have love and have made their marriage work for 75 years. That's incredible!

Age is just a figure but others say it is not true. They prefer to have the same level. My sister is 6 years older than her husband and there is no problem with the marriage Their kids are grown-ups now and they live happily .

Last edited:
Many said that age is just a figure or number, but I experience it in myself. I got a boyfriend who was 5 years younger than me. At first, I was happy because he was showing his love without pretensions. But, after some days, I realized that we were not meant for each other. The age gap we have is a hindrance for me. I was no longer happy with the guy five years younger than me, so I told him that we had to part ways. He cried, but I was not affected by his tears. My decision is final. I want a man older than me. Goodbye, love. This is the effect when I am relaxing. There are many memories my mind recalls.
Some people think age is not a matter in love but it's a harsh truth that when the wife is too young or elder to lover or husband and kind of complex starts working in the mind of both the partners. Whenever the husband gets a comment that his wife is too young he vents out his frustration on his wife and vice versa.

Some people think age is not a matter in love but it's a harsh truth that when the wife is too young or elder to lover or husband and kind of complex starts working in the mind of both the partners. Whenever the husband gets a comment that his wife is too young he vents out his frustration on his wife and vice versa.
That is the picture of a marriage with age difference. There is a sure conflict between the two and jealousy will arise from both sides with the husband or the wife. But if the difference is only 5 or 7 years their marriage might not be broken.

That is the picture of a marriage with age difference. There is a sure conflict between the two and jealousy will arise from both sides with the husband or the wife. But if the difference is only 5 or 7 years their marriage might not be broken.
If the husband is 5 years elder it's ok but not more than that but a wife elder than the husband in India invariably behaves dominatingly.

If the husband is 5 years elder it's ok but not more than that but a wife elder than the husband in India invariably behaves dominatingly.
That's ridiculous, no marriage to last longer that way wife dominant. That's unfair there should be give and take and mutual understanding. The husband will feel insecure.

That's ridiculous, no marriage to last longer that way wife dominant. That's unfair there should be give and take and mutual understanding. The husband will feel insecure.
That's the reason the Indian society discourages marriage of an elder woman to a younger man.

How did the age affect you? I ask because I have seen younger men that ar very mature in character. For you to take such a firm decision, something went wrong. Mind sharing?;

That's the reason the Indian society discourages marriage of an elder woman to a younger man.
But if the man is willing to sacrifice because of love then no one could blame him except himself. The woman must not also disrespect her young husband.
Post automatically merged:

How did the age affect you? I ask because I have seen younger men that ar very mature in character. For you to take such a firm decision, something went wrong. Mind sharing?;
I had a boyfriend 4 years younger than me and it affected me so much because we don't have different levels of financial status. He's dependent on me most of the time. That turned me off so I told him quits. I'm not a fool to be his prisoner.

Last edited:
But if the man is willing to sacrifice because of love then no one could blame him except himself. The woman must not also disrespect her young husband.
When the man is determined to marry of his own choice, even if the woman is elder to him then nobody can stop him. However such matches doesn't take place in arranged marriages.

When the man is determined to marry of his own choice, even if the woman is elder to him then nobody can stop him. However such matches doesn't take place in arranged marriages.
Yes for sure in arranged marriage there's matching of age. Happy new year.

13,055Threads
98,238Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member