Does an apple a day keep the doctor away?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
Yes, we all have heard this phrase throughout our lives and I’m not gonna lie to you but I have heard this as well for literally the most of my life! From schools to our homes, we have been taught that eating an apple a day keeps us away from medical appointments, as the famous saying iterates. But what exactly is the truth here? Does eating an apple a day keep the doctor away, or is it just another urban fallacy that made us believe for ages? The phrase is not as true as you think. Eating apples alone does not improve one’s holistic health.

One study conducted by the University of Michigan School of Nursing concludes that there is no direct relationship between the daily intake of apples and the number of doctor visits annually, statistics-wise. However, apple-eaters tend to avoid medical services given that they believe eating apples daily is the solution for a healthy body. On another hand, apples do offer a wide array of health benefits. The highly nutritious diet contains Carbohydrates, Fiber, Vitamin C, Copper, Potassium, and Vitamin K. Apple also supports heart health as it decreases the risk of having a stroke, as per Healthline. With all things considered, eating just apples alone won’t have a great impact on your health. But, having a well-rounded and balanced diet every day will surely improve your holistic being.

I believe this saying is just a way of letting people know the importance of eating apples and most importantly the health benefits. Then again, eating apples does not mean you can go about eating junk food none stop.

I believe this saying is just a way of letting people know the importance of eating apples and most importantly the health benefits. Then again, eating apples does not mean you can go about eating junk food none stop.
Correct , the nutrients from the apple lands to futility. Junk foods harm our priceless health. Let's protect our health against bad sicknesses.

That's right it is way of getting the nutrients from apples into your system. it doesn't necessarily take the place of a hospital

That's right, eating just apples alone won’t have a great impact on the health. But, adding a balanced diet meals daily will help

That is correct. Eating apples alone may not be sufficient; you should combine them with vegetables, other fruits, and fish.

Our body needs balanced diet not only apples. I have read somewhere that an egg daily is very healthy for the body. People who eat egg should eat and egg daily.
Eating eggs daily is also not good as cited by health experts, especially for those whose blood pressure is not stable. They could eat the white part of the egg.

13,210Threads
99,092Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member