Does it make sense to just forget the past?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.358176
Referral Credit
I believe that the past teaches us many valuable lessons, despite the opinions of those who would have just said to forget them. It can reveal what doesn't work, allowing us to attempt various approaches to get the intended outcome. If we never make any changes and just keep making the same mistakes, it will be hard to succeed. Everything is affected by this, including relationships, jobs, and ambitions. Because the past teaches us valuable lessons for life, I believe you should not totally forget it.

Thoughts on this?

When people talk about forgetting the past, I believe it's not to completely forget the things you did wrong or the experience and lessons, but forgetting here means not letting the negative emotions stop you from moving forward or not letting the pains you felt back then scare you completely. Forget the pains and how you felt, but never forget the lessons you learnt from there.

It is people that are not bold enough to confront their past that always say people should forget about the past. They are still insecure about the past. That's why they want it eroded. People that can confront their pasts reference the past to learn from them.

The best teacher we have is our past. We learn lessons that can be applied today. Of course, you should not repeat the same mistakes twice.

In terms of relationships: To be happier, I chose to let go of the hurt I had suffered in previous relationships.

13,166Threads
98,856Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member