• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Does plugging your device to use while charging a good practice or not?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
Most people in my country say that when you want to charge the battery of your phone or any other device, you plug it and leave it to sleep and charge. They say that plugging it while using it weakens the battery.

How true is that? Does it mean that if I have work to do with my phone, I can't work with it while the phone is charging?

Though I do this most of the times and I am currently doing it right now, it is not a good habit, as you would be overworking your device which might have a negative effect on your battery.

Though I do this most of the times and I am currently doing it right now, it is not a good habit, as you would be overworking your device which might have a negative effect on your battery.
This has an effect on the battery because it loses its charge retention properties, but I wouldn't say it's a big problem because it can reduce the battery by 2-5 percent in a year or more

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member