Does the Guy Should Always Pay the Bill?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵3.802413
Referral Credit
In a relationship, do you think the guy should always pay the bill? There is a notion that guys should always be the ones to pay the bills - food, dates, transportation, etc. I believe it is an old tradition. In these modern times, couples can talk about how they handle/manage their money. They may split the bills or it will depend on how much money each makes.

It depends on both parties in the relationship. Personally I feel there is notting wrong with any of the party paying the bills. Sometimes they can even decide to split it.

As a man i need to pay for everything, even if she insisted to pay i wouldn't allow it. Sometimes i wonder why i did this things.
Yes, they insist, as they are the men in the relationship. However, since we live in modern times, I guess it is okay to split the bill.
Post automatically merged:

Men are expected to do this. but I don't mind splitting the bill or being the one to pay for our dates or travel, especially if I am the one who plans it.
You are right, my friend. It is okay to split the bill, especially if you planned for the travel or dates. Men deserved to be pampered as well, I guess.

It depends on both parties in the relationship. Personally I feel there is notting wrong with any of the party paying the bills. Sometimes they can even decide to split it.
Yes, it is okay to split the bill, especially if you are not married yet. LOL.

It's ironical in my part. My ex never bothered himself to pay the bills. He relied on me and that turned me off. I wasn't happy at all. I confronted him on why can't he share some money. He said his salary was insufficient so, declared quits and go on our separate ways . What a shame on him he's the man.

Yes, they insist, as they are the men in the relationship. However, since we live in modern times, I guess it is okay to split the bill.
Splitting a bill is not common in my country; either the man pays or the woman, but most of the time the man pays because he is the one who asks her to have a date with him.

It's ironical in my part. My ex never bothered himself to pay the bills. He relied on me and that turned me off. I wasn't happy at all. I confronted him on why can't he share some money. He said his salary was insufficient so, declared quits and go on our separate ways . What a shame on him he's the man.

Oh, no!!! That is terrible. If he can't afford to go on dates, then he should stop pursuing women.

Splitting a bill is not common in my country; either the man pays or the woman, but most of the time the man pays because he is the one who asks her to have a date with him.
Oh, I see. It is quite common here in the country, especially if you are not married yet.

Last edited:
Oh, no!!! That is terrible. If he can't afford to go on dates, then he should stop pursuing women.
He has no shame. I understood him but being done successively, it sucked. He was employed as an assistant manager at Chowking how come he didn't have a sufficient salary? That's only an alibi.

Men are expected to do this. but I don't mind splitting the bill or being the one to pay for our dates or travel, especially if I am the one who plans it.
Sure, naturally a guy or man should rise up to this. You just have to be naturally responsible as a man. So it is a natural thing though.

In a relationship, do you think the guy should always pay the bill? There is a notion that guys should always be the ones to pay the bills - food, dates, transportation, etc. I believe it is an old tradition. In these modern times, couples can talk about how they handle/manage their money. They may split the bills or it will depend on how much money each makes.
I think a woman should take the financial burden if she has a good income or else there's no meaning of women's empowerment.

He has no shame. I understood him but being done successively, it sucked. He was employed as an assistant manager at Chowking how come he didn't have a sufficient salary? That's only an alibi.
I think it was only his alibi so he won't pay for your dates. And yes, he has no shame at all.

I think it was only his alibi so he won't pay for your dates. And yes, he has no shame at all.
That kind of personality turns me off, I am good at splitting the payment rather than only one to do it. It sounds unfair especially if it is the girl who pays the bill.

I think that if the guy earns enough and the girl agrees with it, then he can pay for everything, but now girls are more independent than before and they would not want to be paid for them. I would be comfortable if, as a partner, I shared expenses 75 to 35 where more belongs to me

That kind of personality turns me off, I am good at splitting the payment rather than only one to do it. It sounds unfair especially if it is the girl who pays the bill.

Splitting the bill equally is a fair way to share expenses with a partner. However, if one person is always paying for everything, especially if it is the girl, it could be a sign of a problem in the relationship.

I think that if the guy earns enough and the girl agrees with it, then he can pay for everything, but now girls are more independent than before and they would not want to be paid for them. I would be comfortable if, as a partner, I shared expenses 75 to 35 where more belongs to me

It's becoming more common for girls to be independent and financially self-sufficient. They are okay with sharing the expenses or even paying for the date. But, if the girl always pays for everything and the guy does not share or insist on paying, it might be a warning sign that something is not quite right.

It depends on the closeness of their relationship, if you are still dating, generally guys are more aggressive in taking you to restaurants, cinemas, shopping at malls, etc. then I will pay all the bills. But when I only had a little cash, I kept quiet, but if asked I had to be honest about being broke.

I think it all depends on the level of closeness or intimacy between you and your date. You could discuss splitting the bill, or politely ask your date to pay for it, with the understanding that you will reciprocate on the next date.

13,202Threads
99,065Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member