Donating your kidney to save a life

For me, it's a difficult decision to make when it comes to this matter because the kidney is one of the most vital parts of our body. But if it's for one of my loved ones, I won't hesitate to give the other one a kidney if it's a way to save his/her life.

For me, it's a difficult decision to make when it comes to this matter because the kidney is one of the most vital parts of our body. But if it's for one of my loved ones, I won't hesitate to give the other one a kidney if it's a way to save his/her life.
Yes I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to help those in dire need if we can offer our own kidney. it is be great of us.

ve
No, I won't do it, I cannot donate my kidney. There is a side effect if we only have one kidney left. It is good to help in some other waysYsh
Yeah they are some people that can't do it. I just believe if you can't then that's fine and the requested should know that.

ve

Yeah they are some people that can't do it. I just believe if you can't then that's fine and the requested should know that.
There is a kidney center where anyone can get updates. I think it's on a first-come, first serve basis. The family may apply and wait for a donor usually from the dying person.

Last edited:
There is a kidney center where anyone can get updates. I think it's on a first-come, first serve basis. The family may apply and wait for a donor sealy from the dying person.
Yesh same here in my country. it is to apply and wait for your turn but this process do take a while though

Yesh same here in my country. it is to apply and wait for your turn but this process do take a while though
It takes years to wait for a kidney donor, but if there is a family member having a kidney match with the sick sibling, then it will be very rewarding. My nephew passed away at age 29, there was no kidney donor and none in the family to qualify.😭

The only person I can donate my kidney for is my mom and my child. Asides that, I won't donate my kidney to any other person. It is a risk that is too much to do just for anyone.

To be honest am not so sure of what I would do when faced with such a decision, especially if it's someone close to me, so it's best not to think about this.

To be honest am not so sure of what I would do when faced with such a decision, especially if it's someone close to me, so it's best not to think about this.
I don't think there's even time to think about that, because you won't die from it, and your kidney will save someone close to you.

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member