Don't promise when you are happy, don't reply when you are angry, and don't decide when you are sad.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.412250
Referral Credit
Don't promise when you are happy, don't reply when you are angry, and don't decide when you are sad. on all those situations our mind is not on the right place and all those things we say while we are happy, sad and mad are not the right decisions and we will not do the things we done when we are on those situations.

wise advice! It's important to control your emotions. In times of sadness, put off making decisions, avoid snap decisions in times of rage, and celebrate accomplishments with an open mind. Since emotions can impair judgment, act with clarity in mind.
Exactly, emotion will out us in different position and making a decision on those moment will make us to pay a sacrifice.

When we are angry we also reply in anger despite to a stranger. It would cause chaos if reply that way. What if the person is also angry? It would resort to murder and assault. It's best to avoid feeling angry.

When we are angry we also reply in anger despite to a stranger. It would cause chaos if reply that way. What if the person is also angry? It would resort to murder and assault. It's best to avoid feeling angry.
Exactly, talking while we are angry will cause lots of bad conversations and it will not end in a good way.

Exactly, talking while we are angry will cause lots of bad conversations and it will not end in a good way.
it will result in a fight or killing. When we are angry, it is best to drink water or count from 1 to 100 to relax the feeling and let the anger subside in minutes.

it will result in a fight or killing. When we are angry, it is best to drink water or count from 1 to 100 to relax the feeling and let the anger subside in minutes.
Good advice, never tried the counting technique before, but i am sure it will work.

You are very right on that my friend. Doing any of the things outlined above while being under the influence of the current mood can cause a lot of regrets in life.
Exactly, we need to be conscious and thoughtful when we decide and promise, those moods will put us in difficult positions.

Don't promise when you are happy, don't reply when you are angry, and don't decide when you are sad. on all those situations our mind is not on the right place and all those things we say while we are happy, sad and mad are not the right decisions and we will not do the things we done when we are on those situations.
Yeah, this is very true. Just one minute of anger can destroy a person or even send such person to prison. We just have to be calm in times of anger so as not to commit crime or lost bonds with friends or relatives.

To put it simple, we should all learn to control our emotions. Once said it cannot be unsaid. This is why we have so many people who do not keep to their words cause they probably said it due to their current emotions.

Don't make generalizations about what emotions are needed for certain actions. The key is to acknowledge the emotion instead of fighting it.

Happy: "I'm really happy right now, so I want to promise you that X will be done by X time. However, my happiness may be causing me to be overly optimistic. Maybe X time makes more sense?"
Angry: "I'm angry because you did X, so discussing Y isn't a good idea right now. I'll get back to you later when I've cooled off, okay?"
Sad: "I'm sad, so I want to make this decision because I want to allocate for X worst case scenario. However, that may not be likely. What other possibilities can we consider?"

Now, the summary of this is, don't allow your emotions to control anything you do. Emotions are just feelings and they are so unstable to get relied on. Always make decisions from a place of logic.
This is impossible, because actions stem from our emotions, and emotions demand action. Ignoring what your emotions want leads to writing and venting your emotions off repeatedly which leads to self-hatred. "Why do I have these emotions? They are wrong and unproductive." Because, you don't act on them.

The key is to know that your emotions come from your beliefs. You believe something, therefore you feel something, therefore you act. This is why advertising works. Logic is just an information system to select correct beliefs that are consistent with the information that you have available. Therefore, the key to controlling your emotions is controlling your beliefs and taking responsibility for them.

Yes, definitely, because our emotions can sometimes lead us to the worst scenario when we decide if we are happy, sad, or angry. Much better, we should be calm and in the state of normal feelings so we can make decisions right and in order.

Good advice, never tried the counting technique before, but i am sure it will work.
That's right, it's better to calm down and relax for awhile. It's how to escape trouble and heartaches. Let's not act impulsively.

I definitely agree with this because I have been in all such situations. Most often, I answer when I'm angry and it really affects a lot because people start treating me differently, and sometimes I promise a lot when I'm in a good mood and I feel happy

13,140Threads
98,725Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member