• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Even if your salary increases, you should not expand your lifestyle

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.532563
Referral Credit
Do you agree with this? I read this while reading some web publications. They said that even if your salary increases, you should not improve your lifestyle. I agree with this, especially since we don't know what will happen tomorrow. We have jobs today, but we will not have them tomorrow or the next day, especially if you work online. Being an online freelancer is unpredictable.

Do you agree with this? I read this while reading some web publications. They said that even if your salary increases, you should not improve your lifestyle. I agree with this, especially since we don't know what will happen tomorrow. We have jobs today, but we will not have them tomorrow or the next day, especially if you work online. Being an online freelancer is unpredictable.
Some gadgets have become very essential for life. Like washing machine, vacuum cleaner, water purifier, dishwasher and so on.

A salary increase might come with greater job responsibilities which might translate to less time to do some activities like washing of clothes. That automatically necessitates a lifestyle change.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes, when you get a salary increase, you also end up with more duties that take up your time. So, the best thing to do is to maintain cost of living and try to save as little money as you can.

That is right, that is what I am experiencing now that I own a business. It is a small business but it gives me a good profit. Despite this, I never changed my attitude, especially my lifestyle. Money is hard to find and earn so I have to continue saving and living within my means.

That is so true, because we can't depend on salary, we don't know what will happen on the future so its better to not to be extravagant even if our salary is increased. Only think about changing life style if you have your own stable busyness.

The truth is that your finance increase comes with increase responsibility there is no way a man will starve the way he used to before he had money, or ignore his needs or those of his family.
True, with increased financial resources comes the responsibility to not only take care of oneself but also to provide for the needs of one's family and loved ones.

The truth is that your finance increase comes with increase responsibility there is no way a man will starve the way he used to before he had money, or ignore his needs or those of his family.

Ignoring the needs of the family is not the point here. Of course, you should not do that. It is updating your lifestyle, for instance, buying a premium phone, going to coffee shops nearly every day, eating out often, etc.
Post automatically merged:

A salary increase might come with greater job responsibilities which might translate to less time to do some activities like washing of clothes. That automatically necessitates a lifestyle change.
Yes, washing of clothes can be done at home, especially if you have a washing machine :)

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes, when you get a salary increase, you also end up with more duties that take up your time. So, the best thing to do is to maintain cost of living and try to save as little money as you can.
Yes, that is the point. You maintain your cost of living despite a salary increase. :) Save as much as you can. Strike while the iron is hot

That is so true, because we can't depend on salary, we don't know what will happen on the future so its better to not to be extravagant even if our salary is increased. Only think about changing life style if you have your own stable busyness.
Yes, that is true, Kirubel. Even when your salary increases, keep a low-key lifestyle, so you can save more money for a rainy day.

Yes, this is the nugget for the wise. Yoh don't have to over burden yourself because you have small money at a time
True, with increased financial resources comes the responsibility to not only take care of oneself but also to provide for the needs of one's family and loved ones.

Of course, you must provide for your family, but it does not mean you have to live lavishly when your salary increases. The point here is, not upgrading your lifestyle, because you do not know what can happen today or tomorrow. It is better to save your money for a rainy day.

Last edited:
Ensuring you live within your budget and steer clear of unnecessary luxuries can sure bring a feeling of financial stability and calm.
You are right. But i have noticed that increased income comes with new responsibilities. It is not easy to avoid going gaga when your pockets is heavy.

Ensuring you live within your budget and steer clear of unnecessary luxuries can sure bring a feeling of financial stability and calm.
You're absolutely right, SilverLance. Even though your salary has increased, it's still essential to live within your means if you want to achieve financial success quickly. It's crucial to be mindful of your spending habits and avoid overspending, even if you can technically afford it. By living within your means, you'll be able to save money, pay off debts, and invest in your future. So, be wise with your money, and don't let a higher salary tempt you into unnecessary spending.

Though you have a point but the truth of the matter is that the more money comes your way, the more the things you would need to do increases. Especially when trying to buy things that would make life a lot easier for you. The only advice I would give is to not give in to unnecessary spending and have a savings and investment plan.

12,042Threads
92,874Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member