• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Ever heard of the pay yourself budgeting method?

eLdavis

Media Lab Marketing Team (Digital Promoters)
Staff member
Digital Promoter
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵10.946025
Referral Credit
I recently came across a budgeting method called the pay yourself, this method works by you deciding how much you think its okay to pay yourself whenever any money comes in each month. From what you pay yourself with you can save from there and also sort out any debt on ground. The remaining money left can be used to do whatever you want.

I recently came across a budgeting method called the pay yourself, this method works by you deciding how much you think its okay to pay yourself whenever any money comes in each month. From what you pay yourself with you can save from there and also sort out any debt on ground. The remaining money left can be used to do whatever you want.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I think that the "pay yourself" is a kind of reward program which allows you to reward yourself when you reach a specific goal. I am not using this method in order to save money. As of now, I am opting for a different kind of money saving strategy. I spend money when it is really necessary to do so. This allows me to save more money.

Although I've never heard of it, it sounds intriguing. It's a great strategy and a totally unique way to take control of your finances.

Although I've never heard of it, it sounds intriguing. It's a great strategy and a totally unique way to take control of your finances.

Well, the main problem here is the fact that you already know that the money you are trying to save is basically your own, so such kind of technique may not work for people who may have a weak willpower. They will end up spending more money eventually, no matter how much they "pay" themselves. People need to work on their willpower if they actually want to save money.

I have heard of this budgeting but i don't find it interesting. I think such budgeting strategy will lead to wasteful spending. The money belongs to me and by doing all my budgeting am solving my personal problems. The ideology behind it is wrong though that's my personal opinion.

There are many methods for preparing a budget, one of which is the pay yourself budgeting method. To apply this method, you should not have debt, either short-term debt or long-term debt. Pay yourself budgeting aims for long-term investment where you prioritize savings and investments by deducting a certain amount (in percentage, for example 20%) at the beginning of your income.

There are many methods for preparing a budget, one of which is the pay yourself budgeting method. To apply this method, you should not have debt, either short-term debt or long-term debt. Pay yourself budgeting aims for long-term investment where you prioritize savings and investments by deducting a certain amount (in percentage, for example 20%) at the beginning of your income.

I think that this is much more about rewarding yourself. When you pay yourself, you may feel getting rewarded. You can end up spending that money as much as you can and this may be a really good think. This is why many people may pay themselves. This strategy could work for many people.

12,059Threads
92,988Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member