pinway

Discussion Enthusiast
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.967125
Referral Credit
You may have seen on news channel about the heavy rains in Dubai last few weeks. If we look at the footages it was not normal to see airport flooding. One of the big cities in my country is prone to flooding being it a few meters below sea level but I cannot remember any flooding inside the airport. According to some news rains in Dubai were due to cloud seeding. Is there veracity to this news that cloud seeding was really the cause of the heavy downpour? What's your opinion of this?

I will ask my friend who is working there as a Physical therapist in Dubai.I will tell you about her reply later in the evening. That was horrible,
Seeing the video uploaded on the net it looks like a scene in the movie where cars drowned in the street. They said Dubai has no drainage system.

Seeing the video uploaded on the net it looks like a scene in the movie where cars drowned in the street. They said Dubai has no drainage system.
It's confirmed by my friend there in Dubai that what you saw was true. She was supposed to be in her home in the Villa Ernesto subdivision, but she her schedule because of the flood.

You may have seen on news channel about the heavy rains in Dubai last few weeks. If we look at the footages it was not normal to see airport flooding. One of the big cities in my country is prone to flooding being it a few meters below sea level but I cannot remember any flooding inside the airport. According to some news rains in Dubai were due to cloud seeding. Is there veracity to this news that cloud seeding was really the cause of the heavy downpour? What's your opinion of this?
Whatever maybe the cause of rain the city should have ways to water to flow into the ocean.

Yes I read about it in the news recently. No one can escape natural calamity. In rainy season many of the cities in our country too face flood situation.
Although we cannot really ascertain if it's a result of the cloud seeding or a natural.calamity.

Although we cannot really ascertain if it's a result of the cloud seeding or a natural.calamity.

There should be some measures to control such disasters. Maybe the government should think about it.

Yes I read about it in the news recently. No one can escape natural calamity. In rainy season many of the cities in our country too face flood situation.
Yeah I agree with you, it can happen anywhere. We sometimes don't have the power to resist natural disasters

Yeah I agree with you, it can happen anywhere. We sometimes don't have the power to resist natural disasters

That's sad ! Many people die every year due to flood, earthquakes etc but government doesn't have anything for it except watching it.

That's sad ! Many people die every year due to flood, earthquakes etc but government doesn't have anything for it except watching it.
Yesh these are natural disasters that sometimes leave people helpless but good that we know about them on time to evacuate from such areas

Dubai is rich. Its government will always have the best facilities for disaster preparedness. Dubai is one area where rains is seldom.

Dubai is rich. Its government will always have the best facilities for disaster preparedness. Dubai is one area where rains is seldom.

Yes the rain is seldom there that's why their government was not prepared for it.

Yes, it is good that they are always proactive when it comes to natural disasters to help everyone around

Yes, it is good that they are always proactive when it comes to natural disasters to help everyone around
If indeed the heavy rainfall was caused by cloud seeding then it was not managed properly.

If indeed the heavy rainfall was caused by cloud seeding then it was not managed properly.
Well, they still did the little they could at that time. But they need to get prepared more to handle natural disaster

Whatever maybe the cause of rain the city should have ways to water to flow into the ocean.
How far is their place from the ocean. I think Dubai is a dessert.
Post automatically merged:

I have seen the news and I was saddened by it. It was the cloud seeding that caused the problem. It appears to have been done carelessly. There is only two or three rainy seasons per year in Dubai, according to the news.
That was exactly my thought, that the cloud seeding was mismanaged. How true that Dubai has no drainage system?

13,197Threads
99,016Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member