Food crisis hit Northern Nigeria sparking protests

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.644950
Referral Credit
Nigerians for a while now have been protesting against soaring food prices and it seems the worse hits are those in the northern Nigeria.

it has been reported that for northern women's to feed their children they have resorted to digging up anthills in search of grain stored by the insects
This became worse since last year were President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ended a fuel subsidy and currency controls, which brings about high petrol prices and a spike in living costs same with naira sliding against the dollar.

The inflation rate hit a three-decade high since last year. This has sparked protests in several northern cities. On this note , the influential traditional emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero has called on the president to take urgent action.

That is so sad, the government must supply food to the people just like what the Philippines president was doing during crises distributing sacks of rice to the poor populace. The millonair4 also gave food donations well-packed meat and fruits and canned goods.

That is so sad, the government must supply food to the people just like what the Philippines president was doing during crises distributing sacks of rice to the poor populace. The millonair4 also gave food donations well-packed meat and fruits and canned goods.
Yes, mate I hope my president would follow suit to help out with the poor and helpless. They really need food

Yes, mate I hope my president would follow suit to help out with the poor and helpless. They really need food
What were the politicians doing? They're only good to citizens during elections. What about the civic organizations like ROTARY? Why aren't they helping the hungry people?

What were the politicians doing? They're only good to citizens during elections. What about the civic organizations like ROTARY? Why aren't they helping the hungry people?
Mate, the non profit organisations are helping in their own little way but you know they can't do much like the government. The government needs to do more.

Yes I heard about this, things are just messed up right now.
Yesh there's huge hunger in the land and the prices of things is just off limit. I hope in the coming days things would be better.

Last edited:
Yesh there's huge hunger on the lajd and the prices of things is just off limit. I hope in the coming days things would be better.
I pray so too, cause one thing I know about Nigeria is that one the price of things goes up, it is extremely hard for it come back down.

I pray so too, cause one thing I know about Nigeria is that one the price of things goes up, it is extremely hard for it come back down.
You are right high and higher by the day. I hope that the government can also increase wages for workers at least to help them out.

Mate, the non profit organisations are helping in their own little way but you know they can't do much like the government. The government needs to do more.
The government needs to supply the hungry citizens. Why not give them a little capital so they could start their own business?

The government needs to supply the hungry citizens. Why not give them a little capital so they could start their own business?
That's right they have been promising this bit reneging all the time. Let see how it goes with this new administration.

That's right they have been promising this bit reneging all the time. Let see how it goes with this new administration.
That's good news you have a new administration. Let's hope his mindset is different from the past insensitive admin.

That's good news you have a new administration. Let's hope his mindset is different from the past insensitive admin.
Yes, we just hope it would not be a new wine in an old bottle. That they will just continue with the injustice level of others

Yes, we just hope it would not be a new wine in an old bottle. That they will just continue with the injustice level of others
You can sense his attitude of the previous background of your prime minister whether positive or not. The people must have voted for the right candidate.

You can sense his attitude of the previous background of your prime minister whether positive or not. The people must have voted for the right candidate.
I hope we did because it would not be funny if you have another admins that things don't still work out for us.

Food crises is emerging all over the world, a common individual won't believe but here I read a post about food crises in USA. In my country it is also emerging slowly but it started emerging.
Yes, there's food crisis everywhere we just have to look for a good way to alleviate this for ourselves and family

It is difficult to imagine how people have to resort to digging anthills to find grain that has been stored by insects. This is a harsh reality and it is heartbreaking to witness. I hope that wealthy countries can step in and offer help to these struggling communities.

I hope we did because it would not be funny if you have another admins that things don't still work out for us.
Your country needs a committed government that could protect the citizens from enemies and hunger. People there must plant vegetables even on pots to have a backup.

13,179Threads
98,931Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member